Appalling Yodel customer service

Posted 5th Dec 2012
Has anybody else ever used the Yodel chat to enquire about a delayed delivery? I couldn't see a phone number on their site so I tried using the chat tool.

Almost one hour after starting the conversation the assistant named Michael was no where nearer to providing any useful answer at all. I don't understand how Yodel can operate like this.

I have a screenshot of the whole conversation but I'm not sure how to add an image to this post - can anybody tell me how?
Community Updates
Misc
202 Comments
I've just been burned by Yodel. Ordered a mattress off Amazon with instructions that I will need to be text or called regarding delivery date/time because the tracking stated it was to be expected between 8th-11th May. Yodel reckon they attempted to deliver on the 5th, 6th & 8th May and had done their 3 attempts. When asked why didn't they text or phone like every other courier firm, they said they only give 'Standard Delivery' which does not involve contact with the customer. I informed them that tracking states that it 'Is on its way' today but again was told that they have done their quoted attempts and now it would have to be collected from their depo. I pointed out that expecting customers to wait in between 8am-6pm for 4 days was ridiculous! I have requested a refund from the mattress firm and will purchase one elsewhere (after checking whom their courier is first!)
Julesypig

I've just been burned by Yodel. Ordered a mattress off Amazon with … I've just been burned by Yodel. Ordered a mattress off Amazon with instructions that I will need to be text or called regarding delivery date/time because the tracking stated it was to be expected between 8th-11th May. Yodel reckon they attempted to deliver on the 5th, 6th & 8th May and had done their 3 attempts. When asked why didn't they text or phone like every other courier firm, they said they only give 'Standard Delivery' which does not involve contact with the customer. I informed them that tracking states that it 'Is on its way' today but again was told that they have done their quoted attempts and now it would have to be collected from their depo. I pointed out that expecting customers to wait in between 8am-6pm for 4 days was ridiculous! I have requested a refund from the mattress firm and will purchase one elsewhere (after checking whom their courier is first!)

Exactly. How old is this thread and still getting complaints. Imagine if it were Tesco, they'd be bankrupt by now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions