Appealing for the parking ticket

Found 5th MarEdited by:"Mihir95"
I just got my first ever parking ticket / fine. Being a new driver I don't know what to do and how to appeal so I need some help.
so I have received ticket from "Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd
I go to the gym and I have parking permit from them where I can park at this car park after 5PM. However, this time I forgot to display my parking permit and received £60 fine. I know it's my fault for not displaying the ticket but at the same time I have parking permit therefore, they might let me off? I need help and your opinion.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Appeal, telling them you did display the permit but it 'must have slipped when you slammed the door'.
19 Comments
1) You can provide evidence that you can infact park there. They should cancel the ticket.

2) Ignore the ticket if its not from the council, they wont pursue for long as legal action will cost more than ticket cost.
You can appeal it, if they have t&cs you should read it too and see where you stand but I have a feeling they are within their rights. Never know they may waive it. I'd just be wary of advice you may get to rip up the ticket not to pay it
Appeal, telling them you did display the permit but it 'must have slipped when you slammed the door'.
mrty2 m ago

Appeal, telling them you did display the permit but it 'must have slipped …Appeal, telling them you did display the permit but it 'must have slipped when you slammed the door'.

Thats a good one! I will have to write them a email. do you think I will get quick reply from them or have to wait. what happpens if I don't hear from them within 14 days
EdinburghShop8512 m ago

Here read this (may …Here read this (may help)moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-ticketsAnd this (an extreme example)scotsman.com/news/dundee-parking-fine-woman-declared-bankrupt-with-37-000-debts-1-4585558

thanks
Only mugs pay !

Thy prey on the weak ,I’ve had 2 never paid nothing happened apart from a few letters saying I’m going court bla bla bla ,once you make contact they got you ,your excuse will fall on deaf ears they don’t care about excuses only your money

Leave it and they will go away and move on to the next muggings
ashmac3 m ago

Only mugs pay !Thy prey on the weak ,I’ve had 2 never paid nothing h …Only mugs pay !Thy prey on the weak ,I’ve had 2 never paid nothing happened apart from a few letters saying I’m going court bla bla bla ,once you make contact they got you ,your excuse will fall on deaf ears they don’t care about excuses only your money Leave it and they will go away and move on to the next muggings

master1023 m ago

1) You can provide evidence that you can infact park there. They should …1) You can provide evidence that you can infact park there. They should cancel the ticket.2) Ignore the ticket if its not from the council, they wont pursue for long as legal action will cost more than ticket cost.

Sadly the advice now is not to ignore them

Mihir956 m ago

thanks

after MSE have a read here, it’s the go to place for advice.

forums.pepipoo.com/ind…=30
Edited by: "eslick" 5th Mar
They should acknowledge your appeal and give you a time scale for their answer. If they don't reply then they will automatically lose the appeal. Keep a record of everything sent and received.
Honestly.. just ignore whatever they send you. I've done this for a number of years. They're just using scare tactics to get people to pay up.
I agree with most here - just ignore them! I have had plenty of private parking tickets and have never paid any. They scare with your letters in big red writing but it’s BS.

Don’t contact them at all, if you do, then they will be on your case non stop
camroncarter17 m ago

I agree with most here - just ignore them! I have had plenty of private …I agree with most here - just ignore them! I have had plenty of private parking tickets and have never paid any. They scare with your letters in big red writing but it’s BS. Don’t contact them at all, if you do, then they will be on your case non stop

I have made a appeal. I hope notihng happens
Do not ignore them. Appeal. I was in same situation as you with elite parking, they cancelled the ticket when i sent them copy of the ticket which slipped.
As others are saying do not ignore

However, don't see anyone advising you to contact gym - as it is their business it impacts they are often a good point of contact to nip it in the bud along side your appeal.
Don't ignore, but don't pay either. For the avoidance of doubt, it is not a fine - it is a speculative invoice. Only the police and councils can fine.
MSE and Pepipoo are the best resources for help.
Too late for you now, but never appeal as the driver (I forgot my permit etc), always as the keeper. Luckily for you, it doesn't look like Elite are particularly litigious
Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 6th Mar
f3rgy155 h, 1 m ago

Do not ignore them. Appeal. I was in same situation as you with elite …Do not ignore them. Appeal. I was in same situation as you with elite parking, they cancelled the ticket when i sent them copy of the ticket which slipped.

Oh lucky you how long did your appeal took?
Don’t reply to them at all private companies can’t do anything they prey on confusing us by seeming as official as the council. They are not.
Mihir954 h, 39 m ago

Oh lucky you how long did your appeal took?

a month.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions