Apple 16‑inch MacBook Pro - Latest model launched today

Posted 14th Nov
Latest 16 inch MacBook Pro, released today.

apple.com/uk/…fig

Designed for those who defy limits and change the world, the new MacBook Pro is by far the most powerful notebook we’ve ever made. With an immersive 16-inch Retina display, super-fast processors, next-generation graphics, the largest battery capacity ever in a MacBook Pro, a new Magic Keyboard and massive storage, it’s the ultimate pro notebook for the ultimate user.

Amazing specs:

2.4GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz

64GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory

8TB SSD storage

16-inch Retina display with True Tone

Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

Touch Bar and Touch ID
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
It’s funny to see all the Apple haters comments... simple fact is their hardware and software is leaps and bounds ahead of the PC equivalent, yes it’s more expensive as well because of the brand but it’s also far more reliable. The price stated here is for a maxed out model, the base model starts at about £2300 which is the same as the previous generation with the smaller 15” screen instead of the new 16” screen.
smudge9214/11/2019 02:16

Loses like £2000 in value as soon as you buy it.. What a disgusting price! …Loses like £2000 in value as soon as you buy it.. What a disgusting price! I wouldn't pay that even if i was a billionaire.

Actually Apple hardware tends to have a much better resale value than that for other brands.
41 Comments
Sweet deal, no more butterfly keyboard either
£6000? Really????
Whoa, u need a mortgage for this laptop
Loses like £2000 in value as soon as you buy it.. What a disgusting price! I wouldn't pay that even if i was a billionaire.

Loses like £2000 in value as soon as you buy it.. What a disgusting price! …Loses like £2000 in value as soon as you buy it.. What a disgusting price! I wouldn't pay that even if i was a billionaire.

Guess we’ll never know
RaiKush14/11/2019 02:13

Whoa, u need a mortgage for this laptop

Only if you are poor hahahahahahahah like me
Wtf at that price i expect them to somehow shove in 2x 2080 ti nv link in to the chassis
Stunning machine and can’t wait to get mine. Probably will stick with 2TB SSD though as the 8TB adds on basically the price of another machine and having that amount of space internally is not a deal-breaker for me.
"Designed for those who defy limits and change the world" (or find a PC to be too complicated for them).
Edited by: "fablanta" 14th Nov
Better keyboard, an escape key, and the arrow buttons are back (like the 2015 ones) Apple have been reading my mind. And not too expensive unless you need > 1Tb storage.
Orange_Sooty14/11/2019 02:23

Wtf at that price i expect them to somehow shove in 2x 2080 ti nv link in …Wtf at that price i expect them to somehow shove in 2x 2080 ti nv link in to the chassis

I was expecting more the lines of 2x Titan RTX tbf
It’s funny to see all the Apple haters comments... simple fact is their hardware and software is leaps and bounds ahead of the PC equivalent, yes it’s more expensive as well because of the brand but it’s also far more reliable. The price stated here is for a maxed out model, the base model starts at about £2300 which is the same as the previous generation with the smaller 15” screen instead of the new 16” screen.
fablanta14/11/2019 02:45

"Designed for those who defy limits and change the world" "Designed for those who defy limits and change the world" (or find a PC to be too complicated for them).

Yeah, that's what it is, only a genius can operate a PC

Actually Apple hardware tends to have a much better resale value than that for other brands.
kraigisonfire14/11/2019 02:13

£6000? Really????

No, this is only for the maxes out version, starts at £2300 roughly.

If I was a billionaire I would absolutely buy this.
Wait for this to appear as a refurb on the Apple site and get a big discount on it - got my iMac Pro 5K (3 Ghz 10 core Intel Xeon 64GB DDR4 with a Vega 64 graphics card) this way - arrives like brand new and even get a years warranty. Paid a fraction of the full price!
Edited by: "speedbird747" 14th Nov
fablanta14/11/2019 02:45

"Designed for those who defy limits and change the world" "Designed for those who defy limits and change the world" (or find a PC to be too complicated for them).

ezzer7214/11/2019 03:01

Yeah, that's what it is, only a genius can operate a PC

Fair point. I would think the level of complexity is about the same but people are given the impression that Macs are 'easier'. People who buy Apple I would stereotype as either posers buying the logo, or rich technophobes (but that's just me).
Clearly a click bait deal here..... maxed out price just to encourage the Apple haters. It’s not even a deal as this is RRP.

where are the mods to delete this, they are super quick to delete my deals when I post ‘actual’ deals.
Edited by: "mds1256" 14th Nov
speedbird74714/11/2019 03:43

Wait for this to appear as a refurb on the Apple site and get a big …Wait for this to appear as a refurb on the Apple site and get a big discount on it - got my iMac Pro 5K (3 Ghz 10 core Intel Xeon 64GB DDR4 with a Vega 64 graphics card) this way - arrives like brand new and even get a years warranty. Paid a fraction of the full price!

That fraction is usually 9/10 or thereabouts. You could get a better deal on Amazon brand new back in the day. Not so much now.
Rather get Windows Laptops now, the hardware is better these days, and you can get something much more powerful for a fraction of the cost.
BestDealsRob14/11/2019 03:00

It’s funny to see all the Apple haters comments... simple fact is their h …It’s funny to see all the Apple haters comments... simple fact is their hardware and software is leaps and bounds ahead of the PC equivalent, yes it’s more expensive as well because of the brand but it’s also far more reliable. The price stated here is for a maxed out model, the base model starts at about £2300 which is the same as the previous generation with the smaller 15” screen instead of the new 16” screen.

I’m not hating Apple but I do think that view is out of date and Apple have pretty much ignored their pc/laptops in the last 5+ years and let the competition catch up and even exceed them. Their hardware is nothing unique, it’s the same that can be found in PC. As for their software it’s personal choice but a few creative people in the company I work at that used to use Apple have gone Windows as they claim it’s now better.
Edited by: "stuellis" 14th Nov
speedbird74714/11/2019 03:43

Wait for this to appear as a refurb on the Apple site and get a big …Wait for this to appear as a refurb on the Apple site and get a big discount on it - got my iMac Pro 5K (3 Ghz 10 core Intel Xeon 64GB DDR4 with a Vega 64 graphics card) this way - arrives like brand new and even get a years warranty. Paid a fraction of the full price!

How much did you actually save from the full price? I’ve never found the Apple website refurbs to be that cheap to pay “fractions” of the full price.
Arguably the 16 inch is a good deal. It’s £100 less than an equivalently specced 13 inch MacBook Pro, but with more cores, better GFX, improved sound, larger, higher dpi screen and a keyboard that won’t break and has a better layout. Hot!

I see the opposite. They tend to last forever (bar some noisy bloggers on the internet) anyway. I’m still working across a 2008 Pro and 2012 Air.

Almost 12 years is pretty good value. My 2012 Air is even running the latest software too.

These things are have great ROI
stuellis14/11/2019 05:20

I’m not hating Apple but I do think that view is out of date and Apple h …I’m not hating Apple but I do think that view is out of date and Apple have pretty much ignored their pc/laptops in the last 5+ years and let the competition catch up and even exceed them. Their hardware is nothing unique, it’s the same that can be found in PC. As for their software it’s personal choice but a few creative people in the company I work at that used to use Apple have gone Windows as they claim it’s now better.

I’ve been working in the creative industry for nearly 7 years now, I can assure you that Apple hardware is still the industry leader and standard for Creatives. As you say, it’s personal choice, and it does work on PC’s it’s just a smoother more refined experience on a Mac.
Are we likely to see the 15” or 13” on sale for black Friday
Don’t see the problem if you like it and want one buy it, if your not a apple fan don’t buy it. It’s not hard, I don’t know why people get so upset by apple and how others who can afford spend there money...
From a non apple fanboy, it's actually a solid release. The battery is the legal limit, the size is about right, and the keyboard sounds a bit better (but 1mm is still really shallow.)
Bargainhead14/11/2019 09:53

Don’t see the problem if you like it and want one buy it, if your not a a …Don’t see the problem if you like it and want one buy it, if your not a apple fan don’t buy it. It’s not hard, I don’t know why people get so upset by apple and how others who can afford spend there money...

Reminds of the old Atari at versus Amiga war...to be honest it's a bit of fun and banter at the end of the day. World would be more boring without fan wars.
Just realised it's meant to be a pro laptop but doesn't have a numberpad??!

Have to say it's the first Apple laptop release since the air first came out I'm tempted to convert from pc for for work. Main reasoning is the better screen ratio, lots of nits too, huge battery...

Anyone know How much would it cost to have the battery replaced after a year or two?
Edited by: "hugekebab" 14th Nov
hugekebab14/11/2019 10:56

Reminds of the old Atari at versus Amiga war...to be honest it's a bit of …Reminds of the old Atari at versus Amiga war...to be honest it's a bit of fun and banter at the end of the day. World would be more boring without fan wars.

Lol yes I was an Amiga boy, the Atari had better sound but. Then it was sega vs Nintendo...
Bargainhead14/11/2019 11:52

Lol yes I was an Amiga boy, the Atari had better sound but. Then it was …Lol yes I was an Amiga boy, the Atari had better sound but. Then it was sega vs Nintendo...

AHH Amiga scum, Atari here. Lol
hugekebab14/11/2019 10:58

Just realised it's meant to be a pro laptop but doesn't have a …Just realised it's meant to be a pro laptop but doesn't have a numberpad??!Have to say it's the first Apple laptop release since the air first came out I'm tempted to convert from pc for for work. Main reasoning is the better screen ratio, lots of nits too, huge battery...Anyone know How much would it cost to have the battery replaced after a year or two?

Free if it drops below 80% during the first year, or three years if you purchase AppleCare+

£199 otherwise

support.apple.com/en-…ice
stuellis14/11/2019 05:20

I’m not hating Apple but I do think that view is out of date and Apple h …I’m not hating Apple but I do think that view is out of date and Apple have pretty much ignored their pc/laptops in the last 5+ years and let the competition catch up and even exceed them. Their hardware is nothing unique, it’s the same that can be found in PC. As for their software it’s personal choice but a few creative people in the company I work at that used to use Apple have gone Windows as they claim it’s now better.

.. works in child day care centre
JumpMan198015/11/2019 08:12

.. works in child day care centre

Works for a FTSE100 company on Finance & IT projects
stuellis15/11/2019 09:04

Works for a FTSE100 company on Finance & IT projects

.. not as funny
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions