Apple announces new edition of iPhone - New iPad model

Editor 23
Found 21st Mar 2017
Apple have this morning launched a new Special Edition version of their iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

http://i.imgur.com/Dt5eHRg.jpg?1

'“Since we began working with (RED) 10 years ago, our customers have made a significant impact in fighting the spread of AIDS through the purchase of our products, from the original iPod nano (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition all the way to today's lineup of Beats products and accessories for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. "The introduction of this special edition iPhone in a gorgeous red finish is our biggest (PRODUCT)RED offering to date in celebration of our partnership with (RED), and we can’t wait to get it into customers' hands."

The phones will be joined by a new iPad, as well as new silicone phone cases in azure, camellia and pebble. There will also be new leather cases in taupe, sapphire and berry shades.

http://i.imgur.com/4UmTjMD.jpg

The new model will seem extremely familiar on the outside, but there are a bunch of notable under-the-hood upgrades. You'll find a slightly older but still speedy A9 processor inside instead of the Air 2's aging A8X, and Apple has doubled the capacities to give you either 32GB or 128GB (sorry, no 256GB option here). This new mid-size model also touts a brighter display, although it's still sitting at a 2,048 x 1,536 resolution.

The cameras remain the same, for or better or worse, with an 8MP shooter on the back and a 1.2MP FaceTime cam at the front.

Link to new iPad deal

23 Comments

if Apple really cared they might ensure their factory staff weren't earning just 2 quid per hour.

Disappointing specs from Apple there, thought they might have brought the iPad right upto date in terms of processor and memory and matched it to the iPhone 7 Plus.
Not good enough to make me rush out and buy one im afraid.

Thank you for this important news about different colour a products, I think apple just farted, I'll make a thread.

davewave

if Apple really cared they might ensure their factory staff weren't … if Apple really cared they might ensure their factory staff weren't earning just 2 quid per hour.

and the same goes for anything that is brought over from China and other countrie not just Apple

Apple once again raising the bar! Whilst other handset makers are exploring boring things like 4k and infinity screens they hit it out the park by announcing a new colour!

As a lifelong Apple mug.. er fan, I'll be up at 4am to pick up my shiny new red iPhone s7 to replace my ageing (so 2016) black s7!

#innovators
Edited by: "Leonintelex" 21st Mar 2017

The iPad pricing surprised me, I would of expected a price rise, not a decrease, if only there was more new about it I might or considered the upgrade.

118luke

Disappointing specs from Apple there, thought they might have brought the … Disappointing specs from Apple there, thought they might have brought the iPad right upto date in terms of processor and memory and matched it to the iPhone 7 Plus.Not good enough to make me rush out and buy one im afraid.

It's for the entry level, the iPad Pro is still good spec for those who want it, hence the cheaper price
Edited by: "mds1256" 21st Mar 2017

US starting price $329
UK starting price £339
1$ =0.8£ according to google on 21.03.17 so $329=£263.56...so we are basically screwed in the UK..thanks Apple and thanks brexit

I blame Brexit............ oh already done, sorry.​

ionuttd

US starting price $329UK starting price £3391$ =0.8£ according to google o … US starting price $329UK starting price £3391$ =0.8£ according to google on 21.03.17 so $329=£263.56...so we are basically screwed in the UK..thanks Apple and thanks brexit

This has been happening since the dawn of time, nothing to do with brexit!

ionuttd

US starting price $329UK starting price £3391$ =0.8£ according to google o … US starting price $329UK starting price £3391$ =0.8£ according to google on 21.03.17 so $329=£263.56...so we are basically screwed in the UK..thanks Apple and thanks brexit

I assumed that you just started to find out what US dollars are. This type of $1 ~ £1 parity (US$100 sold as £100 in UK) in pricing has been around since Margaret Thatcher was potty trained.

ionuttd

​zero to do with Brexit and everything to do with marketing costs and a fat margin.

colin4man

I blame Brexit............ oh already done, sorry.​

Brexitilitus.

No mention of the iPhone SE models being upgraded in storage for same price.

davewave

​zero to do with Brexit and everything to do with marketing costs and a f … ​zero to do with Brexit and everything to do with marketing costs and a fat margin.

Which is why Apple have a paltry 12% market share but account for 91% of smartphone profits! They essentially take advantage of their customers brand loyalty.

This should have an RRP of £100 max. But Apple fanatics would happily pay 3x it's true value as they are like loyal little puppies.

splender

Brexitilitus.

​or RBI, Repetitive Brexit Injury - definition: injury to oneself, either physical emotional or psychological from repeated use of Brexit.

catbeans

Thank you for this important news about different colour a products, I … Thank you for this important news about different colour a products, I think apple just farted, I'll make a thread.

Did you find out if they followed through? I'd love to legitimately be able to call them Crapple.

catbeans

Thank you for this important news about different colour a products, I … Thank you for this important news about different colour a products, I think apple just farted, I'll make a thread.

Whoever smelt it dealt it!

Graham1979

Whoever smelt it dealt it!

Whoever said the rhyme did the crime.

ionuttd

Take 20% (VAT) from our price then compare again. That US price is without sales tax. Works out that we are paying around £7 more. It's the Government's fault, not Apple's.

Edited by: "Biddy2" 22nd Mar 2017

ionuttd

But do bare in mind ours includes tax whereas the US tax is added at the point of sale.

Matty8787

But do bare in mind ours includes tax whereas the US tax is added at the … But do bare in mind ours includes tax whereas the US tax is added at the point of sale.

Lucky Alaskans!

ionuttd

​You don't have to buy one
Post a comment
@
    Text