Expired

Apple Changed The Links to The Education Store

Found 19th Feb 2015
My usual way in was:
store.apple.com/uk_…709
This doesn't work anymore. Any clues on when it changed and the new way in? :-)
Community Updates
12 Comments
It still works. You simply need to change the store id variable to one that is valid.
Original Poster
Shadow-360

It still works. You simply need to change the store id variable to one … It still works. You simply need to change the store id variable to one that is valid.

709 was Leeds, a list anywhere of the changes?
Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 19th Feb 2015
Not found a list but play with the number and you can find a store link which will work. The last 3 numbers are the ones you need to change (They range between 600-900).

E.g. This still works:

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000602

Weird how most of them do not work now though. I would assume Apple forced access through University proxy for the vast majority. About time really, but obviously not the best news for us, ha.
Edited by: "Shadow-360" 19th Feb 2015
Original Poster
Shadow-360

Not found a list but play with the number and you can find a store link … Not found a list but play with the number and you can find a store link which will work. The last 3 numbers are the ones you need to change (They range between 600-900).E.g. This still works:http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000602Weird how most of them do not work now though. I would assume Apple forced access through University proxy for the vast majority. About time really, but obviously not the best news for us, ha.

I used the Leeds one in November so yes it's highly strange. They have started pointing Leeds users to a 'Unidays' account, where you need student ID and email.....
Does anyone know if they still give the 3 yrs cover when you buy via education website?
Original Poster
Angel_Of_The_North

Does anyone know if they still give the 3 yrs cover when you buy via … Does anyone know if they still give the 3 yrs cover when you buy via education website?

Yes they do, just got it on a Retina Macbook Pro 512GB SSD 16GB Ram
super_leeds_86

Thank you very much x
super_leeds_86

Im looking at the new Mac Book 12. It would be for Christmas, but worried if I buy it early (as thats better for us financially) will there be a newer version on sale by then.
Anyone getting this to work ?
^^ Doesn't give full discount.
they changed their whole site so no more store.apple.com. All the old links no longer work, they want you to go through unidays.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants