Apple Educational Discount

They say the best way to get the apple discount is to log on within a university network. What about in a secondary school, will this qualify as much as a uni and will I still get the applecare for £40 aswell as a 12% discount on my macbook.

6 Comments

You get a 3 year warranty as standerd with the higher education discount,the £40 you have the option to pay is simply for 3 years telephone support.

A secondary school does not qualify afaik
Edited by: "boothy" 22nd Nov 2010

Banned

There are direct links to the higher ed site that you don't need to be on the uni network for so you don't even need to be a student.

Original Poster

Yea but that only gives you a small discount. I have been told that to get the true discount you must be on a uni network. And to get the even bigger discount to be on an apple certified uni network.

I have logged on to the educational store from home and the macbook air is £849, its goes down to £797 educational but its not possible to get the applecare at £40.

daffyduck42

Yea but that only gives you a small discount. I have been told that to … Yea but that only gives you a small discount. I have been told that to get the true discount you must be on a uni network. And to get the even bigger discount to be on an apple certified uni network. I have logged on to the educational store from home and the macbook air is £849, its goes down to £797 educational but its not possible to get the applecare at £40.

or part of their employee purchasing scheme ohh its still only £797 disappointed lol
Edited by: "golemsmate" 22nd Nov 2010

Banned

daffyduck42

Yea but that only gives you a small discount. I have been told that to … Yea but that only gives you a small discount. I have been told that to get the true discount you must be on a uni network. And to get the even bigger discount to be on an apple certified uni network. I have logged on to the educational store from home and the macbook air is £849, its goes down to £797 educational but its not possible to get the applecare at £40.

I got the £1k iMac for £870 with 3yr applecare through the edu site from home. It's the same discount as a friend of mine gets from within campus.

You can phone it through. All they ask is that you have an .ac.uk email address to confirm. That gets you the full discount.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does the app aznog still work?22
    2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
    3. Virgin Media TV67
    4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions