Posted 2nd Jan 2022 (Posted 20 h, 43 m ago)
My daughter lost her airpod case and the right airpod.

So we have a left airpod only.

She had a new set of airpods for her birthday and then lost her coat (with the left airpod from the new set)

So, we now have a left airpod from set 1

and

right airpod and case from set 2

If I put the left airpod in the case, the light flashes green.

we have cleaned the connectors, tried another airpod case, but the left airpod makes the case flash green.

we have "forget device" on the left (set 1) airpod, but still get the green flashing light

have tried the close case, put it on charge for 35 minutes, open case and press the reset button for 15 seconds trick
- but still get the green flashing light.

I assume that it should be possible to get the left (set 1) airpod to pair with the right (st 2) aipod and case

How do I fix this?????
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
Sounds like she needs wired earphones…
10 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Author
    mas9902/01/2022 23:49

done this https://www.lifewire.com/connect-replacement-airpod-5187085 ?

I have tried that, but it didnt work.

Edited by: "Helpful567" 20 h, 20 m ago
  2. Avatar
    Just contact apple support on live chat, it’ll be easier
  3. Avatar
    They have to be the same type, generation and firmware revision or they won’t connect and work together. Have you checked they meet all three of these requirements?
  4. Avatar
    Sounds like she needs wired earphones…
  5. Avatar
    Y
    aLV42603/01/2022 00:14

They have to be the same type, generation and firmware revision or they …They have to be the same type, generation and firmware revision or they won’t connect and work together. Have you checked they meet all three of these requirements?

Yes this. Apple sent me a pair of replacement Airpods and they didn't work out of the box because they were both on different firmware versions. Nothing they did could sync them up so they had to send me a retail unit as that was the only way they could guarantee it would work.
  6. Avatar
    Are they both the same generation AirPods
  7. Avatar
    Author
    deals6903/01/2022 17:13

Are they both the same generation AirPods

Both are the same generation

It seems that the green flashing light (when I put the left one in the case) is the problem - none of the solutions posted so far work
  8. Avatar
    Helpful56703/01/2022 17:15

Both are the same generation It seems that the green flashing light (when …Both are the same generation It seems that the green flashing light (when I put the left one in the case) is the problem - none of the solutions posted so far work

Hmm that’s weird. I’d say contact Apple. This is the official way to do it but I’m assuming you’ve already tired
Post a comment
Top Merchants