Apple holding iPhone OS 4 event, April 8th 18:00 GMT

April 8th at 18:00 GMT for a "sneak peek of the next generation of iPhone OS software.

69 Comments

Supermod

Better be decent!

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/sancho_1983/NjjkM.jpg

Supermod

Just a reminder for this. Happening tomorrow.

It better have better Bluetooth
multitasking
updated UI

I'd be happy with those

is this gonna be streaming live? or is it live updated via chatroom

What time is this on in uk?

Usually 6pm uk time

lilsmithy;8314915

+8 hours, so 6pm.

lilsmithy;8314915

Its on at 6pm

Babbabooey;8314955

+8 hours, so 6pm.

birdyboyuk;8314958

Its on at 6pm

a minute or two late lol

Banned

we should get one do do a chatroom thing with updates Hotukdeal exclusive or just get live updates from ign.com

Do you know if any hardware would be announced like the rumoured 4th iphone or is it just strictly about the new os?

MarzBarz;8314948

Usually 6pm uk time

Babbabooey;8314955

+8 hours, so 6pm.

birdyboyuk;8314958

Its on at 6pm

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

berry333;8314997

Do you know if any hardware would be announced like the rumoured 4th … Do you know if any hardware would be announced like the rumoured 4th iphone or is it just strictly about the new os?

Just the OS.... hardware specifically new iphones are always announced in June!

asayer;8315162

Just the OS.... hardware specifically new iphones are always announced in … Just the OS.... hardware specifically new iphones are always announced in June!

It's been heavily rumoured that this year's iphone will be announced and released sooner than in previous years, so don't take that as gospel.

cookiemonster83;8315174

It's been heavily rumoured that this year's iphone will be announced and … It's been heavily rumoured that this year's iphone will be announced and released sooner than in previous years, so don't take that as gospel.

This is true, but i still think a June conference is on the cards, rumours are rife when it comes to apple!

If they don't announce multi-tasking I'll smash the damn phone up!

03bintls;8316743

But you would have to buy the phone to smash it up, unless you rip it from Jobs's cold, lifeless hands.

Hmm, maybe Apple are purposely not including multi-tasking so that people buy the phone just to smash it up.

Lost Symphonies;8316868

But you would have to buy the phone to smash it up, unless you rip it … But you would have to buy the phone to smash it up, unless you rip it from Jobs's cold, lifeless hands.Hmm, maybe Apple are purposely not including multi-tasking so that people buy the phone just to smash it up.

...or so they jailbreak it :whistling:

Lost Symphonies;8316868

Hmm, maybe Apple are purposely not including multi-tasking so that people … Hmm, maybe Apple are purposely not including multi-tasking so that people buy the phone just to smash it up.

Well they succeeded with me! You don't realise quite how irritating it is until you have been using the phone for a few months :x

03bintls;8316982

Well they succeeded with me! You don't realise quite how irritating it is … Well they succeeded with me! You don't realise quite how irritating it is until you have been using the phone for a few months :x

Yeah I used to have an iPod Touch and that annoyed me sometimes when you wanted to do something else, but having it as a phone must be crippling

multi-tasking works no problem if you just jailbreak it.

03bintls;8316743

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/04/iphone-os-4-0120-rm-eng.jpg

Boom!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/04/iphone-os-4-0130-rm-eng.jpg

Wow, permanent VOIP via skype...wonder what the cellular networks are saying to that

Hating the idea of iAds

lmao, jobs currently hates in app advertising saying it sucks, yet is making his own.

Presumably because he gets no cut of the current in app advertising but with his new method he will get 40%. ******.

Multitasking only for 3GS and latest ipod touch. Pretty douche move.

Ok now to download OS4 whoo cannot wait by the end of today i either will be laughing or crying when half the apps dont work lol

Iadds will make me hate my iPhone

localboy;8318561

Iadds will make me hate my iPhone

Not sure it will really be any different after hearing everything. Still only on free apps and same size unless you click

mds1256;8318520

Ok now to download OS4 whoo cannot wait by the end of today i either will … Ok now to download OS4 whoo cannot wait by the end of today i either will be laughing or crying when half the apps dont work lol

when can we get it?

kidchop;8318604

when can we get it?

Need to be a developer to get it

Banned

matt3454;8318504

Multitasking only for 3GS and latest ipod touch. Pretty douche move.

Jailbreak app can fool the iphone into thinking it is 3G/S if it is capable of running it, it'll work. It may slow down

mds1256;8318614

Mate added my iphone to his dev list, when can we get it

mds1256;8318614

And you're a developer?

Met-Cast;8318624

And you're a developer?

Yup

and to answer the question above its available now
installing as we speak

mds1256;8318629

Yupand to answer the question above its available nowinstalling as we … Yupand to answer the question above its available nowinstalling as we speak

Holy ****, can you link me?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1434
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277961
    3. Your dream gaming set up?2658
    4. word association Game72944191

See more discussions