Apple iOS UK has TV app - at last.

Found 14th Dec 2017
The USA has had the app for a while now - it's finally included in the latest Software Update (11.2.1) Sorts your 4K HDR Videos too

2854478-DSL2A.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Still no 4oD?
Had this for over a week, it was available for me
on 11.2

I am guessing the restart of your iOS device after the 11.2.1 update has made it appear but it was there before this update
Nop
mds125625 m ago

Had this for over a week, it was available for meon 11.2I am guessing the …Had this for over a week, it was available for meon 11.2I am guessing the restart of your iOS device after the 11.2.1 update has made it appear but it was there before this update

Not for me on my iPhone X - it would only appear if I signed into my USA account not sure why ????
grooty5 m ago

Nop Not for me on my iPhone X - it would only appear if I signed into my …Nop Not for me on my iPhone X - it would only appear if I signed into my USA account not sure why ????

How you finding the X?
CoeK18 m ago

How you finding the X?

The movies in HDR are amazing! I downloaded Life of PI last night and it looks amazing!!
The ‘Notch’ was a concern for me at the start, now I never notice it..
The Face ID is absolutely useless !!! Works about 50% of the time .. !! I’ve reset it and it’s rubbish. I wear glasses some of the time and was told to do one of the face scans with them on. Now it will only recognise me with them on !! Lmao !!!
Also, the icons in my contacts - which are okay across all my devices - randomly dissaper now on the X !! If I add the image on the X itself via contacts, the icon image disappears on all my other devices, including my Mac
Id give it 9/10 because of the Face ID
im an Apple fan and love the iOS, iTunes etc
grooty5 m ago

The movies in HDR are amazing! I downloaded Life of PI last night and it …The movies in HDR are amazing! I downloaded Life of PI last night and it looks amazing!!The ‘Notch’ was a concern for me at the start, now I never notice it.. The Face ID is absolutely useless !!! Works about 50% of the time .. !! I’ve reset it and it’s rubbish. I wear glasses some of the time and was told to do one of the face scans with them on. Now it will only recognise me with them on !! Lmao !!!Also, the icons in my contacts - which are okay across all my devices - randomly dissaper now on the X !! If I add the image on the X itself via contacts, the icon image disappears on all my other devices, including my Mac Id give it 9/10 because of the Face ID im an Apple fan and love the iOS, iTunes etc

How can anyone love itunes haha.

I was going to ask how it compares to previous phones but it sounds like you are all apple? I'm not really loyal to a particular OS so i move around whenever i see something i like. I only tried the X in the shop and liked the screen and gesture controls. Not really sure on faceid but i don't wear glasses so it might be fine for me.

Sounds like you are having some issues. Have you bought the fast charger and is it any good? That was the main thing that stopped me from buying the phone.
I love iTunes and spend time on apple communities and have had work arounds published on the main apple support website

Compared to previous models, it is a big leap forward. I know the guts of the iPhone are more or less the same on the 8, but the iPhone X stands out and has a snappier feel! It's a premium device and the iOS feels like it's been made specifically for the X..
I haven't bought the fast charger yet and not sure if I will. I spend a lot of time working on my Mac so it's usually charging of the usb on that.. I also find the battery life amazing compared to other models.

32733374-pv4w4.jpg
Edited by: "grooty" 14th Dec 2017
I wanted to get a iPhone x 256gb for the storage but you seem to have put at least me off a bit

Apple products break so badly even not physical their software is so buggy and if you try get support they insist you wipe it first
Benjamin3uk8 m ago

I wanted to get a iPhone x 256gb for the storage but you seem to have put …I wanted to get a iPhone x 256gb for the storage but you seem to have put at least me off a bitApple products break so badly even not physical their software is so buggy and if you try get support they insist you wipe it first

I find apple to normally be pretty good with the software side of things. Obviously lately they have had issues. I just wish google would get an imessage equivelent.
Benjamin3uk16 m ago

I wanted to get a iPhone x 256gb for the storage but you seem to have put …I wanted to get a iPhone x 256gb for the storage but you seem to have put at least me off a bitApple products break so badly even not physical their software is so buggy and if you try get support they insist you wipe it first

They are running before they can walk these days. Software updates are frequent and are starting to remind me of Windows updates
I still think the software is way ahead of android in terms of security - how much longer though is another thing! The X was released too early and Mr Jobs would not be happy me thinks
grooty1 m ago

They are running before they can walk these days. Software updates are …They are running before they can walk these days. Software updates are frequent and are starting to remind me of Windows updates I still think the software is way ahead of android in terms of security - how much longer though is another thing! The X was released too early and Mr Jobs would not be happy me thinks

I've had both ios and android, the security is pretty much the same, only difference on android is you can put apps on from places other than the store. But it does warn you about the security implications of that.
CoeK3 m ago

I've had both ios and android, the security is pretty much the same, only …I've had both ios and android, the security is pretty much the same, only difference on android is you can put apps on from places other than the store. But it does warn you about the security implications of that.

You're right. It's safe as long as you stick to the right apps. Sadly most people don't.
grooty7 m ago

You're right. It's safe as long as you stick to the right apps. Sadly most …You're right. It's safe as long as you stick to the right apps. Sadly most people don't.

Possibly but they need to make a conscious effort to un-tick the option in their settings to allow them to download apps from other places. If they are already doing that they probably know the risks and have decided they know better.
Anyway i'm still undecided about the iphone X. I'm too indecisive.
There's a lot of junk apps and some which are so badly designed on both app stores. ..nightmare

Adverts every minute apps that make the phone crash....paid apps full of inappropriate in app purchases and adverts

Apple ios software for me it crashed so much and home button doesn't work due to updating the software and apple didn't do anything to help

Even though I reported problems to Apple engineers they made it so impossibly hard to get any help....I had to repeatedly factory reset and send logs across and they completely refused to help me due to the time I reported the problem at was different from what they saw in the logs
Benjamin3uk7 h, 44 m ago

Benjamin3uk7 h, 44 m ago

Apple buggy never heard of that in fact i have just moved over to android from IOS i have the samsung S8 now while the phone its self is ok. The apps are massively buggy compared to the same apps in IOS in fact id go as far as saying some just aren't even finished or no effort was put into them. My honest opinion is i wish id stuck with IOS yes its sandboxed in a scene you cant mess about with it in developer mode like you can with android. But i found play store to be crap nothing compares to apple music/itunes and pod casts and the facebook app is crap compared to iso facebook app. The samsung is invasive, plugs adverts like made at you and all round general usability is a pain. In my opinion comparing ISO to Android is like comparing Windows to Linux. wish id stuck with IOS now.
The thing about android is its so much more powerful but more lax with security....just v because it's inherently more vulnerable again IOS SANDBOX effect etc

Backing up an iPhone is a nightmare sometimes but android takes 5 mins...when apple devices fail they fail massively ie software etc being so buggy and apple should have fixed that. Their refurbished models are what you get when you have a replacement and they must carry over some issues so that' why some people have the worst time because they got an inherently buggy refurbished model that's been already returned.

Apple diagnostics machines don't pick up lots of problems and they won't admit that even when I sent video of the issue occurrng to Apple they wouldn't even acknowledge it
Benjamin3uk3 h, 52 m ago

The thing about android is its so much more powerful but more lax with …The thing about android is its so much more powerful but more lax with security....just v because it's inherently more vulnerable again IOS SANDBOX effect etc Backing up an iPhone is a nightmare sometimes but android takes 5 mins...when apple devices fail they fail massively ie software etc being so buggy and apple should have fixed that. Their refurbished models are what you get when you have a replacement and they must carry over some issues so that' why some people have the worst time because they got an inherently buggy refurbished model that's been already returned.Apple diagnostics machines don't pick up lots of problems and they won't admit that even when I sent video of the issue occurrng to Apple they wouldn't even acknowledge it

It's fair comment I'm just finding the whole android experience a pain in the backside. But having spoken to my mate who had a S7 and now an S8 he is telling me the S8 is a lot harder to get used to even from him who has only had Samsung's
The one thing I can say is the screen is amazing on the Samsung miles better than my iPhone 7 but knowing that Samsung makes the screens for iPhone I bet the 8 and x isn't much difference. Very similar screens one's just called Super Retina display the other Super AMOLED display.
What I am waiting for is for iTunes on PC to play 4K content while connected to a 4K TV.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions