apple ipod help please

Hi my fella has an apple ipod and is trying to get his songs from the laptop onto the ipod but is struggling, he's done it once before but cannot remember how he done it lol. He syncs the ipod but the songs won't transfer to the ipod, please help, what are we doing wrong please?? rep for helpers,

9 Comments

Assuming the songs are in iTunes, highlight them and drag to his ipod shown about half-way down on the left.

In itunes is he opting for sync all or just certain playlists?

Original Poster

kingy58;7844830

Assuming the songs are in iTunes, highlight them and drag to the ipod on … Assuming the songs are in iTunes, highlight them and drag to the ipod on the left.

yes they are saved in the itunes folder, right I'll give it a go thanks, hopefully I can suss it before he finishes work. ta

Original Poster

greg_68;7844836

In itunes is he opting for sync all or just certain playlists?

sync all checked items I think, and all the songs are checked

First - does the ipod appear on itunes when he plugs it in?

Second - he needs to check how he is managing his music, there are lots of options on itunes, you can sync all music, sync selected playlists, or manually manage your music. He needs to see which option he has selected and then change it appropriately.

Original Poster

andrewnclark;7844854

First - does the ipod appear on itunes when he plugs it in?Second - he … First - does the ipod appear on itunes when he plugs it in?Second - he needs to check how he is managing his music, there are lots of options on itunes, you can sync all music, sync selected playlists, or manually manage your music. He needs to see which option he has selected and then change it appropriately.

right yesterday when he was doing it his ipod was showing but now today when I try its not showing as connected? what do I do?:thinking:

its connected now!

Original Poster

I dont believe this, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it automatically transferred all the songs straight away?! lol what was he doing wrong yesterday??

kirsty1981;7844907

I dont believe this, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it … I dont believe this, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it automatically transferred all the songs straight away?! lol what was he doing wrong yesterday??

Hard to say without seeing it Kirsty. Maybe it wasn't detecting the iPod, which is why they weren't transferring. The thing about having the auto-sync on is that everytime he adds something new, it'll automatically put it on the iPod, unless you add some filters. You may be better ticking the box that says "manually manage music on this iPod" then you can just drag on what you want, when you want. I have a 30GB iPod, but about 33GB of music on my PC, so I have to do this to pick and choose what i want on the iPod.

Has he got a big one...iPod I mean! If it's 80GB or 160GB, then he'll never have the capacity problems I have...

Original Poster

SirBargainsALot;7844943

Hard to say without seeing it Kirsty. Maybe it wasn't detecting the … Hard to say without seeing it Kirsty. Maybe it wasn't detecting the iPod, which is why they weren't transferring. The thing about having the auto-sync on is that everytime he adds something new, it'll automatically put it on the iPod, unless you add some filters. You may be better ticking the box that says "manually manage music on this iPod" then you can just drag on what you want, when you want. I have a 30GB iPod, but about 33GB of music on my PC, so I have to do this to pick and choose what i want on the iPod. Has he got a big one...iPod I mean! If it's 80GB or 160GB, then he'll never have the capacity problems I have...

lol no he hasn't got a big one :oops: he's got the 8gb as he hardly uses it, he deleted all the old songs off of it but then couldn't get the new ones on? I think I've sussed it now with the help off here. thanks for all your advice, xxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?710
    2. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door55
    3. Iphone 7 - What Case?618
    4. What laptop to choose?44

See more discussions