Apple is set to change the screen technology on most of its gizmos | Evening Standard

Posted 18th Jan 2023
Apple is set to change the screen technology on most of its gizmos | Evening Standard

The screens of many Apple devices could look radically different, from iPads to MacBooks.

standard.co.uk/tec…tml
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Author
    That link again:

standard.co.uk/tec…tml

I thought that this above story, was an interesting one, for allllllll the Apple fan boy's out there, etc. :-D (edited)
  2. Avatar
    And I guess fanbois will need to take a second mortgage to pay for the privilege.
  3. Avatar
    Interesting article, but there seems a fair bit of 'speculation'. I'm doubting Apple making it's own MicroLED screens since they don't currently manufacture anything, and I've not heard of them building any factories. As stated towards the end of the article, Samsung will beat them to release and would be a likely supplier for Apple's version.

Touch for the Mac would make absolute sense, but they've held out for so long who knows how much longer it will continue. (edited)
  4. Avatar
    I'll buy one when they have the plastic "non-breakable" screens in production models...

Oh great - well guess what there goes any chance of a DIY repair now as Apple will have the complete monopoly of the new screen technology and will likely pair them to the rest of the hardware, just they currently do with the iPhones, so no chance of swapping out screens. Like I said I'll buy when they start putting "non-breakable" screens in production models... (edited)
  5. Avatar
    And I guess fanbois will need to take a second mortgage to pay for the privilege.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    "Touch for the Mac would make absolute sense".

True true true enough, personally speaking, I don't follow Mac OS related products (Mac Book, Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro, iMac, etc), that much, but ...

I thought that there was ALREADY an Apple Mac based product out there, that had a touch screen screen upon it anyway, or whatever? (eg. some of the latest Mac Book flavours out there, etc?).

Or ...

(unless that's just me?). :-D

Hehehehehehehe.
  7. Avatar
    Quiet news day.
Top Merchants