APPLE MAC BOOK INFORMATION ON ADDING HARDWARE

my daughter has just bought a new apple mac but she is not that brilliant on reading instructtions, she is trying to get me to help over the phone but i dont have a clue
does any one know when adding a new printer, iphone, camera etc( hardware) do you have to do anything special other than plug it in, for the mac book to reconise it, should it just do it automatically or what!

4 Comments

OS X is the same as windows, plug in the hardware and, if needed, install the software. The printer will probably need software, the camera probably won't. I believe the iPhone uses iTunes will comes bundled with the machine.

What is the Printer and what is the Camera?

Chances are both will work just plug them in.

Camera will launch iPhoto and just work.

Printer should work if its a main stream Manufacturer go to system preferences and I think the second line down is 'Print and Fax'.

If it doesn't appear (turn it on plug it in first) click the plus button to add a printer, it should look for the printer now.

If it doesn't find it, either stick the disc in that came with the printer or visit the Manufacturers website and download the drivers, if shes running Leopard chances are there may be newer drivers (print applications) anyway.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5447706

OS X is the same as windows, plug in the hardware and, if needed, install … OS X is the same as windows, plug in the hardware and, if needed, install the software. The printer will probably need software, the camera probably won't. I believe the iPhone uses iTunes will comes bundled with the machine.

for some reason she says it doesnt reconise the printer and her camera, the iphone seems as you say to work via itunes

Original Poster

Celticsun;5448024

What is the Printer and what is the Camera?Chances are both will work … What is the Printer and what is the Camera?Chances are both will work just plug them in.Camera will launch iPhoto and just work.Printer should work if its a main stream Manufacturer go to system preferences and I think the second line down is 'Print and Fax'.If it doesn't appear (turn it on plug it in first) click the plus button to add a printer, it should look for the printer now.If it doesn't find it, either stick the disc in that came with the printer or visit the Manufacturers website and download the drivers, if shes running Leopard chances are there may be newer drivers (print applications) anyway.Good Luck :thumbsup:

HI THANKS FOR THAT I WILL GET HER TO TRY IT
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177
    2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2748
    3. Spotify Family Premium share925
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814500

See more discussions