Apple Mac Pro - £5,499 @ Apple Store

Posted 11th Dec 2019
apple.com/uk/…wer

Get a refund of up to £900 when you trade in an eligible computer, or recycle it for free

Power to change everything. Say hello to a Mac that is extreme in every way. With the greatest performance, expansion and configurability yet, it is a system created to let a wide range of professionals push the limits of what’s possible.
Community Updates

Groups

33 Comments
lol have you seen the price maxed out and that dont inc the extra for software

39327490-KpC5H.jpg
Ordered, thanks
I’m a massive Apple fan, but I think this will be icy cold soon!
Don't even know why they bother selling the Pro in the consumer store. This thing is made for multimillion pound movie and media production. In that world, it's a bargain compared to the Windows offerings, and does things Windows just can't.

To consumers is just expensive overkill
Dont forget £999 for the monitor stand
£400 wheels for that George Lucas feel
Could this be the coldest ever?
Bargain! I’ll have two
David_LeeHQe11/12/2019 20:24

£400 wheels for that George Lucas feel

You don’t need wheels, it can fly.
dolanduck11/12/2019 20:23

Don't even know why they bother selling the Pro in the consumer store. …Don't even know why they bother selling the Pro in the consumer store. This thing is made for multimillion pound movie and media production. In that world, it's a bargain compared to the Windows offerings, and does things Windows just can't.To consumers is just expensive overkill

Probably because the people that need this will buy it (multimedia professionals etc..) and you’ll got the odd few who just have extra money laying about and decide to purchase anyway.
You can tell people who don't know how to use computers would buy this. Some of the most important parts aren't even advised.

What motherboard is it?
What brand of NVMe storage?
What PSU is it? Why wouldn't you water cool it?

...oh you don't need to know silly things like that.
Express Shipping 7 Feb - 13 Feb £5.40

Ooooft - That's a bit cheeky
But can it play crysis? I'm sorry.... I had too
39327777-PWtnK.jpg

Don't even know why they bother selling the Pro in the consumer store. …Don't even know why they bother selling the Pro in the consumer store. This thing is made for multimillion pound movie and media production. In that world, it's a bargain compared to the Windows offerings, and does things Windows just can't.To consumers is just expensive overkill

Biggest pile of I've read today.
Trade in is pants. I completed the process for mine, £160 for a mint 27” iMac with keyboard mouse and packing.
powerbrick11/12/2019 20:38

Biggest pile of I've read today.

Was just about to say that!

He's obviously not heard of a thing called a server.
d3lboy11/12/2019 20:19

lol have you seen the price maxed out and that dont inc the extra for …lol have you seen the price maxed out and that dont inc the extra for software [Image]

4 cars and a decent spec PC or a Mac .......
Trevisparky11/12/2019 20:20

Comment deleted

Better be good a grating cheese for that price #Bargain

I though that was only 'back in the 1990s'.
LadyEleanor11/12/2019 20:59

Nope, MacOS is still the leader for media editing and creation. Every movie studio will use it, and they'll have Mac Pros and Macbook Pros.

I know because it's part of my work lol.

Crazy how upset people get over this stuff
I think you will find that nearly all the software is cross platform, even Linux getting a look in.

AMD is near top dog now so, at the top end there should be more choice.

They might not sell any units of the Mac Pros in most Apple stores but by having it on display it's good for making people stop and think "What is that?" or "Wow", or just letting them know that such a thing exists. I'd love to see a list of how many Mac Pros each store around the country sold in a year, that would be very interesting.
dolanduck11/12/2019 21:04

Nope, MacOS is still the leader for media editing and creation. Every …Nope, MacOS is still the leader for media editing and creation. Every movie studio will use it, and they'll have Mac Pros and Macbook Pros.I know because it's part of my work lol.Crazy how upset people get over this stuff

Just keep on spouting nonsense
powerbrick12/12/2019 00:39

Just keep on spouting nonsense

Imagine getting this sensitive over a computer.

You need a job.
dolanduck12/12/2019 01:13

Imagine getting this sensitive over a computer.You need a job.

Got one thanks and its not in the land of make believe like yours
Now this is really taking the mick, no way is this worth £5k.
LadyEleanor11/12/2019 20:59

Could you be thinking of desktop publishing/graphic design? the Mac was the only realistic platform for this type of stuff for quite a while back then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants