Found 24th Nov 2009
I'm switching to Mac and getting a Macbook next month but still undecided about either the new white one or a Macbook Pro.
Apart from £100 more expensive and the colour, is there anything drastically better on the Pro or should I just stick with the white one?

10 Comments

i went for the macbook as it comes with a bigger hard drive, couldnt justify spending the extra £100.

Are you buying through the Higher Education store or not?

Just one think about the Macbook......pick one up in store and checkout underneath how discoloured and dirty they get. They also scratch really easy. The Macbook Pro is pure quality.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6991026

The Pro because you obviously like wasting money anyway?

Meaning?

LazyDonkey;6991393

Are you buying through the Higher Education store or not?Just one think … Are you buying through the Higher Education store or not?Just one think about the Macbook......pick one up in store and checkout underneath how discoloured and dirty they get. They also scratch really easy. The Macbook Pro is pure quality.

+1 the white one gets very dirty & scratches very easily, I had the white one before upgrading! :-D, and with the aluminium it doesn't scratch as easily

Original Poster

LazyDonkey;6991393

Are you buying through the Higher Education store or not?Just one think … Are you buying through the Higher Education store or not?Just one think about the Macbook......pick one up in store and checkout underneath how discoloured and dirty they get. They also scratch really easy. The Macbook Pro is pure quality.

I'm going through my local Apple store and will get student discount.
I'll have it in a jacket anyway so scratching isn't really an issue.

Chocadooby;6991546

I'm going through my local Apple store and will get student discount.I'll … I'm going through my local Apple store and will get student discount.I'll have it in a jacket anyway so scratching isn't really an issue.

I think you get more discount online than instore. Might be worth checking online first as i only paid £680ish for mine.

plus there is 3.5% quidco at apple store at the moment, so get it on the online education store

big_lloyd;6991691

plus there is 3.5% quidco at apple store at the moment, so get it on the … plus there is 3.5% quidco at apple store at the moment, so get it on the online education store

Cant get quidco on student discount prices :-(

Banned

dcx_badass;6992071

Use the same parts as a PC, just costs double the price.

Well that's just a blinkered view.

FilthAndFurry;6992121

Well that's just a blinkered view.

Nahhh, thats just PC-Fanboiism "thou shall berate any other who does not confirm with the windoze PC world"

Makes me laugh Anyone who sticks up for the Apple OS and hardware is considered a Fan Boy yet those who **** off and put down anyone who mentions an Apple product passes by un-labeled... how does that work?

To OP:

If you can stretch to it go for the Pro it is a hardier and slightly higher spec machine, upgrading the HDD at a later date is not rocket science.

Keep an eye on the refurb store they have had some cracking deals on the Pros recently.

There is also talk of quad chips in the new year for the Pro machines although I think this may only stretch to the higher end 15inch and 17inch models.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?47
    2. Driving anxiety.1923
    3. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv33
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed430

See more discussions