Apple or Samsung

Posted 28th Oct
Hi I’m an Apple user, literally every device is Apple, but after 2 MacBook Pros with cracked screens, iPad broken Boxing Day, and now screens gone on there phones, I’ve had enough😡. So I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on Samsung’s tablets and phones, are they more durable or just as bad as Apple?. The fact that Apple devices are so expensive and yet so easily broken, makes me so angry.
Any opinions will be appreciated. Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I think you you may need to start taking care of your devices better
Keep the Apple stuff, get rid of the kids
26 Comments
My tablet is Huawei.
Phone from Xiaomi
Cisco06060628/10/2019 14:59

My tablet is Huawei.Phone from Xiaomi

Do you have any issues with them? I was thinking about getting a Samsung tablet, my daughter has asked for Xmas apparently comes with a pen.
I think you you may need to start taking care of your devices better
how are you cracking screens? literally only ever cracked a screen before by dropping an 8kg weight on my phone lmao

anyways, macs suck, get android

budgets?
JohnnyRoller28/10/2019 15:03

I think you you may need to start taking care of your devices better …I think you you may need to start taking care of your devices better

It’s not me it’s the kids, plug hit one of the MacBook screens, the other got dropped, son jumped of sofa and fell onto iPad. They have cracked all older iPads and phones and there sat in a draw with cracked screens.
Wychcraft28/10/2019 15:08

:/ .
Edited by: "AW0079" 28th Oct
Wychcraft28/10/2019 15:08

don’t tempt me(excited)
Bargybee28/10/2019 15:06

It’s not me it’s the kids, plug hit one of the MacBook screens, the other g …It’s not me it’s the kids, plug hit one of the MacBook screens, the other got dropped, son jumped of sofa and fell onto iPad. They have cracked all older iPads and phones and there sat in a draw with cracked screens.

I’m definitely no Apple fan, but in all seriousness unless protected heavily every device will suffer the same fate. No screen is designed to take any specific level of force...

When my boy was very young he had an iPad 4 with no case or screen protector. He must’ve thrown it on the floor over 100 times before the screen finally cracked. Even then it wasn’t that bad, however each drop or hit is unique. My brothers baby managed to smash a Samsung S8 screen with a lollipop...
JohnnyRoller28/10/2019 15:12

I’m definitely no Apple fan, but in all seriousness unless protected h …I’m definitely no Apple fan, but in all seriousness unless protected heavily every device will suffer the same fate. No screen is designed to take any specific level of force... When my boy was very young he had an iPad 4 with no case or screen protector. He must’ve thrown it on the floor over 100 times before the screen finally cracked. Even then it wasn’t that bad, however each drop or hit is unique. My brothers baby managed to smash a Samsung S8 screen with a lollipop...

I’ve bought them all cases and they just take them off, I’m not going to lie, I have no intention of changing my things, I’ve been using Apple for too many years & I look after my stuff .
Bargybee28/10/2019 15:17

I’ve bought them all cases and they just take them off, I’m not going to li …I’ve bought them all cases and they just take them off, I’m not going to lie, I have no intention of changing my things, I’ve been using Apple for too many years & I look after my stuff .

So why post this thread then if you won't change?!
jamie1528/10/2019 15:27

So why post this thread then if you won't change?!

Cause i don’t want to buy the kids them anymore.
Bargybee28/10/2019 15:28

Usually only have to enforce this concept once: "if you break this it will not be replaced".
Apple

I see. I think Fire tablet for Kids would be perfect for them. If they break it within 2 years, Amazon will replace it no questions asked.

How old are the kids?
Simple solution, fit cases.
Tell the kids they will be permanently confiscated if the cases and screen protectors are removed.

We have 2 iPad Airs, 1st Gen, from release. One has a small crack as my wife dropped it 2 weeks into ownership, before I got her a case. Both are in great condition otherwise. That is with a 4 & 7 year old in the house.
They both have Amazon Fire HD8s with rubberised cases, again in great condition.

Reading you usage cases, no hardware will survive, without appropriate protection. Bit late now but maybe only Durex would have worked

As for laptops. We have lost a screen, on a windows machine. You can get heavy duty laptops, HP Elitebooks, Panasonic Tough Books etc. They are very durable but very heavy too. Seriously, get the kids to toe the line, otherwise it will never end.
If your kids can't take care of this stuff then don't buy it for them. Simple, really.
You're rewarding their lack of care with brand new top quality branded products. If it was me I'd be buying cheap and nasty until they prove they're responsible enough.
I had an iPhone and decided to jump ship for an s8+. Regretted every moment and now back on an iPhone.

Every tablet I have ever used is nowhere near an iPad.
OllieSt28/10/2019 15:59

How old are the kids?

How old are the kids?

How old are the kids?

9, l1 & 15, the 9 year old hasn’t had a phone yet and i refuse too buy him a new iPad as he doesn’t look after his stuff, however the girls have dropped there phones & smashed the screen, I’m replacing the phones for Christmas as I can’t have them going out & I cannot reach them, but as fangio 99 says if they can’t look after them I really shouldn’t be buying top of the range gifts.
Edited by: "Bargybee" 28th Oct
Bargybee28/10/2019 15:03

Do you have any issues with them? I was thinking about getting a Samsung …Do you have any issues with them? I was thinking about getting a Samsung tablet, my daughter has asked for Xmas apparently comes with a pen.

Not at all.
I usually look for best value for money.

My tablet is Huawei M5, It doesn't has stylus pen

If you need stylus pen, you will need Samsung Galaxy tab S4, which is £440 new
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 28th Oct
Think il leave tablets if they can show me they can look after their phones this time then maybe il think about buying them next year, thanks for all your advice.(y)
Bargybee28/10/2019 17:06

9, l1 & 15, the 9 year old hasn’t had a phone yet and i refuse too buy him …9, l1 & 15, the 9 year old hasn’t had a phone yet and i refuse too buy him a new iPad as he doesn’t look after his stuff, however the girls have dropped there phones & smashed the screen, I’m replacing the phones for Christmas as I can’t have them going out & I cannot reach them, but as fangio 99 says if they can’t look after them I really shouldn’t be buying top of the range gifts.

Get a nice enough £150 - 200 android phone, and tell her if it get smash within 2 years, the next phone will be Nokia 105 for 1 year.
Bargybee28/10/2019 17:06

... I’m replacing the phones for Christmas as I can’t have them going out & …... I’m replacing the phones for Christmas as I can’t have them going out & I cannot reach them...

A 99p phone will sort that predicament.
Got a 2017 macbook which is still like new . Still using a nearly 3 year old iPhone 7 plus in perfect condition. So they last if taken care of .
I have a Samsung tab A 10.5 (2018) which is really good but it ain't no iPad pro .
Also using a Samsung S10+ for the past 3 months , it's ok but seen to be going back to my iPhone 7 plus alot .
Just find the apps dont run very smooth on android compared to Apple .
But think I will stick with this S10+ until the price of iphone 11 max pro falls or i get a bargain from gumtree.
Samsung or Huawei . And get a good screen cover or bumper to protect your device . Small price to pay really and saves the hassle of a repair .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants