Apple Payments / Interest Free Payments - £31.50pm x 20 months (plus up front fee of £69) = £699 for iPhone 8

Found 15th Dec 2017
For anybody not looking to splash hundreds on a new iPhone in the one go - Apple offer an interest free payment programme (subject to loan approval via their partner Barclays). Prices start from £31.50 per month - for 20 months - for the IPhone 8 with a £69 upfront cost. Only available in store. Also check out the Apple Upgrade Programme - apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program. This includes Apple care and allows you to upgrade the phone 11 months into the repayment term to essentially start again with the new phone.
Community Updates
14 Comments
taking out a mortgage to get a phone? WTF?
It actually works out £699, not £630 which has been posted! Cold for that reason as it's normal price!!!!
0% finance a deal?
Dfs will be all over this site next
Original Poster
vicky250916 m ago

It actually works out £699, not £630 which has been posted! Cold for that r …It actually works out £699, not £630 which has been posted! Cold for that reason as it's normal price!!!!

Apologies this was changed whilst in review, I had originally posted 31.50 - also this is to appeal to people who maybe wouldn’t be able to afford £699 upfront, where a phone contract would incorporate interest.
Original Poster
Buxby40 m ago

0% finance a deal?Dfs will be all over this site next

As stated in the notes it’s more for somebody who doesn’t want to/can’t pay the full amount in one go - try find this example with a 1 year manufacturers warranty, allowing monthly repayments with no interest - I’ll wait, start with giffgaff
Original Poster
zaheer200345 m ago

taking out a mortgage to get a phone? WTF?

Not secured against your property but a loan just like most people arrange for their car or a phone contract essentially
Wait apple have a partner lol
Buxby53 m ago

0% finance a deal?Dfs will be all over this site next

DFS have a Sale on don't you know!
Total cost here is £1031.76

That's an extra cost of £332.76. That's a monthly equivalent of £13.87 for 8gb data and unlimited calls & texts on EE.

It might be a better all round deal for many

or an even cheaper option

£1009.76 total cost for 15gb of data EE network but £98.00 required up front. That works out £12.94 per month for the SIM card
Edited by: "OllieSt" 15th Dec 2017
Original Poster
OllieSt13 m ago

Total cost here is £1031.76That's an extra cost of £332.76. That's a m …Total cost here is £1031.76That's an extra cost of £332.76. That's a monthly equivalent of £13.87 for 8gb data and unlimited calls & texts on EE.It might be a better all round deal for manyor an even cheaper option£1009.76 total cost for 15gb of data EE network but £98.00 required up front. That works out £12.94 per month for the SIM card

Thank you, could have put this post together a bit better, newbie
Emily_Lucas17 m ago

Thank you, could have put this post together a bit better, newbie

Your deal does offer one distinct advantage. Any issues on the phone will be dealt with directly with Apple which generally is a good experience. If your current SIM card is costing £18-£20 per month, the extra cost may be worthwhile paying
Poor Emily - Got the I Dont Like Apple response! Bless.
Thanks for sharing none-the-less!
Just wish I could afford the inflated prices! I HAD one - ONCE - got nicked - couldnt afford to replace it - so went android and got a CUBOT !?!!?!? LOL! From the rich to the poor!
vicky250915th Dec

It actually works out £699, not £630 which has been posted! Cold for that r …It actually works out £699, not £630 which has been posted! Cold for that reason as it's normal price!!!!

Just puzzled how you managed to vote cold in a misc thread
Caroline_19938 h, 41 m ago

Just puzzled how you managed to vote cold in a misc thread

You'll get over it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions