[Apple] Special Event 12/9 (Will Be Updated Throughout The Keynote)

Found 12th Sep 2017Edited by:"nathan3007"
Apple Watch Series 3
'Cellular' support, it does cost extra
Music streaming
GPS
Swimproof
Siri talks for the first time on an Apple Watch
Barometric altimeter
W2 wireless chip
Various colours including silver, space grey and ceramic grey finish
Launching in the UK with EE

Apple TV 4K

iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
Silver, space grey, new gold finish
Apple claims it's the most durable glass ever in a smartphone
Water and dust resistant
4.7" display in the 8 and 5.5" display in the Plus
Stereo speakers. 25% louder than the speakers in the 7
A11 bionic chip
12MP camera
4K 60fps video
Cameras calibrated for augmented reality
New Portrait Lighting feature: machine learning creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face (8Plus)
Wireless charging
Pre order on September 15, available on September 22
64GB and 256GB

iPhone X
3D tracking technology will be used to unlock the phone
Edge-to-edge display screens that cover the whole front of the phone
No home button Apple has patented a way of embedding Touch ID in the screen
Face ID unlocks the phone using facial recognition software. Works with Apple Pay.
New Portrait Lighting feature Machine learning creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face
iOS 11 will feature, among other things, peer-to-peer Apple Pay and a redesigned Control Centre
Wireless charging already in use for the Apple Watch and will now be integrated into iPhones
5.8" 'Super Retina' display Supports HDR in Dolby Vision and HDR10 and True Tone
64GB and 256GB and ships from November 3

Pricing
iPhone 8
64gb - £699
256gb - £849

iPhone 8 Plus
64gb - £799
256gb - £949

iPhone X
64gb - £999
256gb - £1149
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Conveniently everyone's current iDevices will become faulty, laggy etc...
Banned
parasitemol45 m ago

There goes about 15% of the value of my 256gb iPhone 7

50%
Someone just told me it's got face recognition? This is big problem for women, Most women don't look the same in the morning.
54 Comments
... and I'm getting the Xperia XZ1 Compact
Happy days I love this day every year
Banned
parasitemol45 m ago

50%
Original Poster
parasitemol50 m ago

CEX were offering around £380 for my 7 plus 128gb the other day so I expect that to drop to £300 overnight so that's like 60%
nathan300712 m ago

CEX were offering around £380 for my 7 plus 128gb the other day so I …CEX were offering around £380 for my 7 plus 128gb the other day so I expect that to drop to £300 overnight so that's like 60%

Quite looking forward to playing with iOS 11 for a month or so before getting rid. Hopefully find a good deal on something new in then, exciting times
Original Poster
parasitemol23 m ago

Quite looking forward to playing with iOS 11 for a month or so before …Quite looking forward to playing with iOS 11 for a month or so before getting rid. Hopefully find a good deal on something new in then, exciting times

I'm not sure if I want to get the new one yet, might get it on the upgrade program depending on the price
nathan300710 m ago

I'm not sure if I want to get the new one yet, might get it on the upgrade …I'm not sure if I want to get the new one yet, might get it on the upgrade program depending on the price

If the one they were calling the X is widely available at a reasonable inflated price then is definitely consider it. Would need to have better battery life than my 7 though
ohhh wireless charging taken them long enough
The new swipe features are straight out Windows Mobile lol
£999 for the X in 64gb no way
parasitemol1 h, 5 m ago

If the one they were calling the X is widely available at a reasonable …If the one they were calling the X is widely available at a reasonable inflated price then is definitely consider it. Would need to have better battery life than my 7 though

2hrs better apparently.
Edited by: "seaniboy" 12th Sep 2017
davver9927 m ago

ohhh wireless charging taken them long enough

Always been the case with Apple. Always playing catch up but then claiming it was their idea first.
seaniboy1 m ago

2hrs better apparently.

So that's actually 20 mins in real life
rdbradshaw2 m ago

£999 for the X in 64gb no way

The Steve Jobs way....

I've a 6S and nothing about X excites me...its spangly new A11BIONIC chip is more moranic - it can't even record 4K to watch back via the new 4K Apple TV
who are these retards lol
wilsy0072 m ago

So that's actually 20 mins in real life

Real life ? No we only do augmented reality now with Apple
nathan30072 h, 11 m ago

CEX were offering around £380 for my 7 plus 128gb the other day so I …CEX were offering around £380 for my 7 plus 128gb the other day so I expect that to drop to £300 overnight so that's like 60%

60%? more like 21%
i dont get Apple

they've gone backwards in design, back to the iphone 4 days

to implement a technology been in widespread use for android phones since at least 2014

with a $1000 iphone X where there is a big cutout in the screen

if any other company did sh*t like this they'd be laughed out of town
adamspencer954 m ago

i dont get Applethey've gone backwards in design, back to the iphone 4 …i dont get Applethey've gone backwards in design, back to the iphone 4 daysto implement a technology been in widespread use for android phones since at least 2014with a $1000 iphone X where there is a big cutout in the screenif any other company did sh*t like this they'd be laughed out of town

Its because people are sheep. They follow the buzz words and the adverts. People who know what they are talking about Laugh at these people
.MUFC.3 h, 1 m ago

Had my 6 plus for nearly three years. Kept it up to date. No lag, no faults.

etc.
kramms21 m ago

Its because people are sheep. They follow the buzz words and the adverts. …Its because people are sheep. They follow the buzz words and the adverts. People who know what they are talking about Laugh at these people

I know exactly what I am talking about. But I don't laugh at anyone, because I don't care and I'm really not that pathetic.

Why would I laugh at another persons retail choices? Unless I was insecure about my own.
Wow I like the x model but the price is mental for 64gb

They will be on eBay for 1500 easy
Someone just told me it's got face recognition? This is big problem for women, Most women don't look the same in the morning.
P!!!!!s me right off when we have to pay way more than the yanks , they pay $999 while we pay the equivalent $1327 in our rubbish brexit money
Edited by: "Scooby2520" 12th Sep 2017
Interesting perception raised that ...
rdbradshaw8 m ago

P!!!!!s me right off when we have to pay way more than the yanks , they …P!!!!!s me right off when we have to pay way more than the yanks , they pay $999 while we pay the equivalent $1327 in our rubbish brexit money

US prices are quoted excluding sales tax so when you add on VAT the difference isn't nearly so large.
Rather have one of these than endure a Samsung (SamDUNG) turd/disgrace of the Android world. Them nobheads make all the other legit stock Android guys look bad.
seaniboy1 h, 21 m ago

The new swipe features are straight out Windows Mobile lol

I HAD a Windows phone (still have it, but don't bother with it again, lol), and that swipe feature was interesting at first, then quickly became annoying!.

Because, unless you activated the 'lock screen' feature, it so very easily unlocked itself on a regular!, and the amount of times this unwitting called contact telephone numbers in my phone was surreal! (fortunately I was on a Pay & Go thing at the time, so when the credit was done, then that was it basically, but can you just imagine IF I was on a Contract with it instead?, WOW like?!). :-(

As for your initial comments though, I hear you, lol.
wilsy0071 h, 18 m ago

Always been the case with Apple. Always playing catch up but then claiming …Always been the case with Apple. Always playing catch up but then claiming it was their idea first.

No comment, but again, I hear you, lol.
I'm done with Apple this time.

I know prices tend to go up but it's beyond a joke now. I don't like their tactics either.

Gone is the 128GB versions and only allowing 64GB and 256GB and paying ridiculous amounts to jump up.

I've had every other iPhone since the 3G (4, 5, 6 Plus). I didn't get the 7 Plus due to being hardly different to what I had.

I can get an a Galaxy S8+ for just under £620 so I think that's the way I'm going now.

I can see a lot of people jumping ship.
larrylightweight20 m ago

Someone just told me it's got face recognition? This is big problem for …Someone just told me it's got face recognition? This is big problem for women, Most women don't look the same in the morning.

I'm sure this missis didn't mind you saying that
Agharta41 m ago

US prices are quoted excluding sales tax so when you add on VAT the …US prices are quoted excluding sales tax so when you add on VAT the difference isn't nearly so large.

Ok cheers
I was going to treat myself to a brand new iPhone this year. Got myself prepared to hand over £700 for a 128GB version. However I'm not paying that for only 64GB and the next step up jumps to 256GB which is far more than I'll ever use and costs an extra £150 for the privilege. It's madness. I might go for the 128GB SE for about half the price and I probably won't notice any difference or not bother getting a new phoneat all.
I don't understand why UK has to pay £999 for the iPhone X when its cheaper in dollars for the US. We always had it cheaper than the US, even considering Brexit the price should still be cheaper than £999. Unfair on UK.

Is the US price of $999 inclusive of their tax or exclusive? maybe that might explain it. Still think we are being mugged off.
Edited by: "superspeedy" 13th Sep 2017
superspeedy12 m ago

I don't understand why UK has to pay £999 for the iPhone X when its …I don't understand why UK has to pay £999 for the iPhone X when its cheaper in dollars for the US. We always had it cheaper than the US, even considering Brexit the price should still be cheaper than £999. Unfair on UK.

US prices exclude sales tax so if you use the current exchange rate and add VAT it comes to ~£910.
Then you add import duty, transport costs, currency hedging etc and that should push it to above £950 so maybe they just round it up at that point.
Edited by: "Agharta" 13th Sep 2017
Also looks like they've jacked the prices of existing iPad Pro 256/512GB models by £50?!

Funny how people mention transport costs etc as a reason for higher prices here, the USA is 40 times the size of the UK - do we have 40 times the transport, storage and wage costs that Apple must also have in that $999 USA price?!
Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 13th Sep 2017
super_leeds_865 h, 41 m ago

Also looks like they've jacked the prices of existing iPad Pro 256/512GB …Also looks like they've jacked the prices of existing iPad Pro 256/512GB models by £50?!Funny how people mention transport costs etc as a reason for higher prices here, the USA is 40 times the size of the UK - do we have 40 times the transport, storage and wage costs that Apple must also have in that $999 USA price?!

I don't really get the transport costs thing either. I mean it isn't like it is made in the US.
I've had my Pixel for a year now (after multiple iPhones) and I'm not going back to Apple. Very pleased with mine!
super_leeds_868 h, 12 m ago

Also looks like they've jacked the prices of existing iPad Pro 256/512GB …Also looks like they've jacked the prices of existing iPad Pro 256/512GB models by £50?!Funny how people mention transport costs etc as a reason for higher prices here, the USA is 40 times the size of the UK - do we have 40 times the transport, storage and wage costs that Apple must also have in that $999 USA price?!

Yeah, apparently that's due to NAND flash prices being high at the moment.
pjburnhill57 m ago

I've had my Pixel for a year now (after multiple iPhones) and I'm not …I've had my Pixel for a year now (after multiple iPhones) and I'm not going back to Apple. Very pleased with mine!

I use a pixel XL at the moment, I was planning to get the note 7 but obviously that never worked out and I wanted a new phone so I settled. Pleasantly surprised by how much I like it though. I am hoping the next pixel adds in more features or I will probably switch to the note 8.

I was hoping apple would have impressed me more to make my decision harder.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants