Apple store repair policy?

Found 29th Mar 2009
Hello
my iPod Nano, is within warrenty. The prob is it the battery only lasts for 3-4 hours. Hopefully if i get time, i'll in apple store were i purchased it from. My question is, whats there exchange process like. Do they repair? Replace? Would they have to test the battery life? Cheers!

5 Comments

I have never experienced such great customer service as from an Apple Store. I had an ipod touch which had a dead pixel and they swapped it over without question.I also had a nano with a dodgy battery (but was taken into my local apple repair centre who then sent me a new one within a week) In your case, they may send it away to see about the battery life and then you get a new one or they may just replace it on the spot if you are really lucky!

Original Poster

voyager7;4767596

I have never experienced such great customer service as from an Apple … I have never experienced such great customer service as from an Apple Store. I had an ipod touch which had a dead pixel and they swapped it over without question.I also had a nano with a dodgy battery (but was taken into my local apple repair centre who then sent me a new one within a week) In your case, they may send it away to see about the battery life and then you get a new one or they may just replace it on the spot if you are really lucky!

i'm hoping they replace it on the spot. As i'm living at uni accomodation, the post is crap. Plus haven't got time to await for collection of the unit. When they replaced it was it for a new one in store? Did they give an exchange recipit?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4767569

Just do it online, they pick it up fix it and bring it back, mine took 6 … Just do it online, they pick it up fix it and bring it back, mine took 6 days in total from collection to back in my hand, also has a new case on it so not a single mark on it!

can't do that at uni, therefore can't wait for collection and don't trust the uni's sorting office always having things go missing!

Can't speak for the Apple Store, never directly dealt with them.

If you bring your iPod to an Apple Service Provider they will take it off you and send it off to the central workshop, which will confirm the fault and then replace it with another, as new looking one. Turn around can be as little as 3working days, average is 5.

The replacement iPod's warranty will continue from the original date of purchase or be 90days, which ever is more.

Original Poster

Seriously at uni 5 days a week. Exams sound the corner no time for that rubbish!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I wonder how many employees voted for brexit?1359
    2. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1012
    3. AC/DC founder Malcolm Young dies aged 6422
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 196 ***821

See more discussions