Apple Store & replacing water damaged iPhone 3GS?

Are they still doing this?
Whats the cost?

5 Comments

I had water damage to my 3G 8 MB phone in August.
Apple would replace it with the same model reconditioned for £139.

its such a scam, the water damage as they call it : tiny paper that goes pink if ever dampness is detected......they then dont chk anything else assuming its waterdamage and not covered. Unless you dropped it in the bath get a 2nd opinion and fight apple

Original Poster

Its the second time my phone has been fully submerged in water..!

when i had a iphone for a very short stint apple replaced my iphone that was water damaged as a good will jesture free of charage but they would not do it again if i did have one.

effingandjeffing

its such a scam, the water damage as they call it : tiny paper that goes … its such a scam, the water damage as they call it : tiny paper that goes pink if ever dampness is detected......they then dont chk anything else assuming its waterdamage and not covered. Unless you dropped it in the bath get a 2nd opinion and fight apple

they check the connection on the bottom of the iphone for corrosion which is a give away of salt water damage as it makes the pins turn a green/blue colour, another give away is tilting the device at certain angles which results in a deposit of water trailing out or else the screen as you would be able to see water under it when the device is on/off.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions