Apple support

Why is it so god damn ****? this is the second time my battery fails to charge on my Macbook, and is totally depleted. I need to get it fixed, the nearest store is probably london which is 1 hour away, and alternatively i could go to brighton or cardiff. So i need to make a stupid reservation, i can't just turn up in store, and when i try to make a reservation theres no dates available and i can only book so far ahead. Im only free weekends so its pretty impossible to get a reservation.

My battery warranty will run out by the time i get a flipping reservation

19 Comments

use phone support,tomorrow morning

use the mail in service

Original Poster

all it needs is some guy working at the apple store to say, yep its broken, here have a new one. job done. I don't have a week to wait, i have reports to write etc.

Banned

Be more assertive when trying to book your appointment, ask to speak to the manager and explain the situation. Apple stores are usually pretty good for this sort of thing.

morales;6612493

all it needs is some guy working at the apple store to say, yep its … all it needs is some guy working at the apple store to say, yep its broken, here have a new one. job done. I don't have a week to wait, i have reports to write etc.

call them,they send you a box,you send it them,they then send you a new one,very easy:)

Phone Apple so you get your issue logged.
Also, I'd purchase apple extended warranty before your year runs out so you're covered for another 2 years. I have heard some people say they bought their extended warranty off a seller on eBay, which might be worth checking out.

Original Poster

extended warrantee costs nearly £200 i think. besides i think i'm out of the 1 year warranty now.

morales;6616247

extended warrantee costs nearly £200 i think. besides i think i'm out of … extended warrantee costs nearly £200 i think. besides i think i'm out of the 1 year warranty now.

no warranty=no new battery...just buy a new one

morales;6616247

extended warrantee costs nearly £200 i think. besides i think i'm out of … extended warrantee costs nearly £200 i think. besides i think i'm out of the 1 year warranty now.

About £90 on eBay from sellers who've sold loads of them and they've been applied ok, so are legit. It is probably worth getting it if you have had problems in the first year, plus if you are over the first year you probably won't get your battery replaced for free. You can check you warranty status of your ipod and iphone online so I wouldn't be surprised if you can do the same for a macbook. If within warranty I'd seriously consider spending the £90 for 2 years.

Original Poster

i had the battery replaced though so i guess i get an additional 1 year for the battery. I tried doing the thing with the serial number but they say they can't find it in their records? I'll ring up tomorrow

morales;6616368

i had the battery replaced though so i guess i get an additional 1 year … i had the battery replaced though so i guess i get an additional 1 year for the battery. I tried doing the thing with the serial number but they say they can't find it in their records? I'll ring up tomorrow

you only get what warranty was remaining on the original battery I am afraid

Original Poster

seriously? that's unbelievable. the warranty is "reset" from the moment they fix something on my digital camera, i assumed it'd be the same. i could have sworn the guy at the apple store told me it worked that way.

i guess you can't buy additional warranty after the 1 year period can you

Banned

morales;6616368

i had the battery replaced though so i guess i get an additional 1 year … i had the battery replaced though so i guess i get an additional 1 year for the battery. I tried doing the thing with the serial number but they say they can't find it in their records? I'll ring up tomorrow

It's usually 3 months warranty on repairs and replacements from Apple.

morales;6616388

seriously? that's unbelievable. the warranty is "reset" from the moment … seriously? that's unbelievable. the warranty is "reset" from the moment they fix something on my digital camera, i assumed it'd be the same. i could have sworn the guy at the apple store told me it worked that way

nope I used to work for them......if its under 3 months you get the extra to take it to 3 months but no more

There is one in Bristol mate, where you based?

morales;6616368

I doubt it. Check again here: selfsolve.apple.com/Get….do Make sure you choose the relevent counrty from which it was purchased (I have been told US ones aren't always covered in UK, though don't quote me on that). Double check the serial number too. Apple will want all this info when you call them so there's no harm just checking again now.

Original Poster

Typo in the serial key :P I'm out of warranty

how can I find out when my warranty expired? Website states my mac is a Late 2007 macbook? I got it in 2008 (second hand granted, but only a couple of months old)

went through the painful process of finding it using my transaction details lol. Warranty expired March 2009, anyone know if there is any leeway for buying extended apple care?

morales;6616450

Typo in the serial key :P I'm out of warrantyhow can I find out when my … Typo in the serial key :P I'm out of warrantyhow can I find out when my warranty expired? Website states my mac is a Late 2007 macbook? I got it in 2008 (second hand granted, but only a couple of months old)

Ah, that's annoying. You'll probably have to phone them for that info. You won't be covered for your battery then, but you could try and go down the Sale of Goods act and EU blurb that items should last a reasonable amount of time, especially if it's been less than 2 years. Just a thought.

morales;6616450

Typo in the serial key :P I'm out of warrantyhow can I find out when my … Typo in the serial key :P I'm out of warrantyhow can I find out when my warranty expired? Website states my mac is a Late 2007 macbook? I got it in 2008 (second hand granted, but only a couple of months old)went through the painful process of finding it using my transaction details lol. Warranty expired March 2009, anyone know if there is any leeway for buying extended apple care?

not 1 day never mind 7 months leeway.....

Original Poster

doesn't hurt trying i'll give it a go tomorrow. now to try some DIY. does anyone know how to fix the problem mac batteries have when they just refuse to charge?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions