Apple To Present iLife 2010, iPhone OS 4.0 With MacTablet On 27th Of January

Fox News is reporting that Apple will be launching the iPhone OS 4 and the brand new iLife 2010, alongside its now quasi legendary tablet PC,at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco on 27 January.

Fox journalist Clayton Morris claims that he spoke to an Apple source who confirmed to him that the three products are likely to be the focus of the event. Some might say that Fox News, whose tagline is "Fair & Balance", cannot be trusted.

Yesterday, "A-list" journalists - including a handful of Brits - received a rather cryptic invitation to the YBC event to view what is expected to be Apple's most important announcement ever since the original iPhone was launched back in 2010.

The tablet is expected to come with a 10-inch touchscreen display and would essentially come with the same set of features as the iPod Touch. It is likely that the new iPhone OS 4.0 will bring a number of new capabilities that will initially appear on the Tablet and later extended to the new iPod Touch.

We'd bet our bottom dollar that the next version would also include a number of performance improvements - and if you peek underneath the bonnet - details about what the iPhone 4G might offer in terms of functions.

As for the new iLife 2010, there were rumours last year that it would be supporting iTunes LP as well as iTunes Extras. Expect the version to be Intel-only and to benefit frm a number of significant improvements.

13 Comments

Original Poster

massmail666;7592069

yeh its been all over the web, that they have book a big hall to unveil … yeh its been all over the web, that they have book a big hall to unveil the "itablet" a mac tablet at the end of january.dunno about the rest tho! sounds intresting. what features might the new iphone software have?

If the itablets good ill probably sell my iphone, cos i mainly use my iphone for the web browsing.

Sod the tablet and iPhone.... Me needs a 128GB iPod Touch :x

Original Poster

Celticsun;7592083

Sod the tablet and iPhone.... Me needs a 128GB iPod Touch :x

128gb!!! lol.

What you going to put on it (serious)?

my musc is like 15gb, only other thing i can think of is movies ?

MarzBarz;7592095

128gb!!! lol. What you going to put on it (serious)?my musc is like 15gb, … 128gb!!! lol. What you going to put on it (serious)?my musc is like 15gb, only other thing i can think of is movies ?

I filled my 80gb about a year ago... I should probably start deleting some of the stuff I never listen to!

I can't wait. Credit card will be ready on 27th!!!

massmail666;7592149

there's rumors going round that it will have OLED screen, wifi, 3g etc

Probably, it does sound a v interesting prospect.
massmail666;7592149

and will cost £500!

It's an Apple device, I think you're missing a zero :giggle:

a0911091837;7592169

I can't wait. Credit card will be ready on 27th!!!

+1

MarzBarz;7592095

128gb!!! lol. What you going to put on it (serious)?my musc is like 15gb, … 128gb!!! lol. What you going to put on it (serious)?my musc is like 15gb, only other thing i can think of is movies ?

Movies and TV, Audio Books, Podcasts and Music it all adds up!

There is also no reason there isn't a camera on it like the Nanos so that added would be nice too.

bit of a mistake in the wording, ' since the original iphone was annouced back in 2010' lol

massmail666;7593323

if they put a camera on the ipod touch, then it begins to compete with … if they put a camera on the ipod touch, then it begins to compete with the iphone market, thats why they havent, but u never know, they might put a crap vga one in september.

you mean the same camera as the iphone lol

How can it compete with the iPhone, ones a phone+Mp3 Player ones Just an MP3 Player.. its pretty defined.

You say that the phone part being the only difference like its a small thing?

and you still need wifi to enable those features on the touch. So I still call them seperate things.

Original Poster

its tomorrow!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
    2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
    4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions