Apple TV +

Posted 13th Feb
Is anyone else getting offered Apple TV + free for a year for a purchase of a new iPhone?

I haven’t bought a phone but it’s coming up on settings offering me the deal for buying one.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
It’s standard now I think, I was offered it when I bought an iPad recently.
The thing is I haven’t purchased anything new. I took AppleCare on my sons AirPods at Christmas and have done 2 months of Apple TV plus when it was launched but nothing else.
lewim526413/02/2020 09:10

The thing is I haven’t purchased anything new. I took AppleCare on my sons …The thing is I haven’t purchased anything new. I took AppleCare on my sons AirPods at Christmas and have done 2 months of Apple TV plus when it was launched but nothing else.

Are you part of family share and has someone else bought a new product. I got the wife a new phone for Xmas and it came up on all the family devices, only she could activate it. But then worked for everyone, but got rid 30 min later as it’s rubbish at the moment...
Bargainhead13/02/2020 10:20

Are you part of family share and has someone else bought a new product. I …Are you part of family share and has someone else bought a new product. I got the wife a new phone for Xmas and it came up on all the family devices, only she could activate it. But then worked for everyone, but got rid 30 min later as it’s rubbish at the moment...

there may not be many shows on Apple TV+ but what is there is fantastic. The Morning Show was great, For All Mankind is pretty good and others look interesting too. Its quality not quantity.
jon81uk13/02/2020 10:31

there may not be many shows on Apple TV+ but what is there is fantastic. …there may not be many shows on Apple TV+ but what is there is fantastic. The Morning Show was great, For All Mankind is pretty good and others look interesting too. Its quality not quantity.

Apple TV is very poor compared to Netflix. It’s only new but they will have to radically change and add a lot more content before I would even consider trying again. The same as amazon prime, that’s rubbish and I don’t like the 3 tier system of free To watch, rent or buy.. if you have cinema hd or titanium you watch them all for free..
Bargainhead13/02/2020 13:18

Apple TV is very poor compared to Netflix. It’s only new but they will h …Apple TV is very poor compared to Netflix. It’s only new but they will have to radically change and add a lot more content before I would even consider trying again. The same as amazon prime, that’s rubbish and I don’t like the 3 tier system of free To watch, rent or buy.. if you have cinema hd or titanium you watch them all for free..

They're not following the Netflix "stick up 24 versions of the same rubbish" model though, they're putting genuine good content on there and slowly but surely adding more when you've had the chance to watch the first few things.

The area where it struggles is films. It seems like everything is PPV which is rubbish.
LeeTheRed9613/02/2020 13:29

They're not following the Netflix "stick up 24 versions of the same …They're not following the Netflix "stick up 24 versions of the same rubbish" model though, they're putting genuine good content on there and slowly but surely adding more when you've had the chance to watch the first few things.The area where it struggles is films. It seems like everything is PPV which is rubbish.

With only a few programs if you don’t like them you have nothing else to watch, as you say films ppv is rubbish now a days. I like apple products and own a few, the whole family is on the eco system. But Apple TV is rubbish..
Bargainhead13/02/2020 13:18

Apple TV is very poor compared to Netflix. It’s only new but they will h …Apple TV is very poor compared to Netflix. It’s only new but they will have to radically change and add a lot more content before I would even consider trying again. The same as amazon prime, that’s rubbish and I don’t like the 3 tier system of free To watch, rent or buy.. if you have cinema hd or titanium you watch them all for free..

Again, quality not quantity.

When Netflix first started making original content they had House of Cards and Orange is the New Black and that was it, everything else was re-runs of other stuff. Apple has at least 8 TV shows up within a few months. I don't think Apple TV+ is worth paying the £4.99 for ongoing, but as a free service with the purchase of another apple device, its excellent with some very high quality programming.

Amazon doesn't really have a three tier system, its just they have two separate things showing on one screen. For example I can go into Netflix and watch a film if they have it, or I can rent/buy from iTunes. Amazon just shows the inclusive content (like Netflix) and the rent/buy content (like iTunes) on the same screen.
Bargainhead13/02/2020 13:52

With only a few programs if you don’t like them you have nothing else to w …With only a few programs if you don’t like them you have nothing else to watch, as you say films ppv is rubbish now a days. I like apple products and own a few, the whole family is on the eco system. But Apple TV is rubbish..

Personally, I prefer that to scrolling through Netflix’s utter pile of repetitive rubbish for 25 minutes and then getting frustrated and turning it off.

Netflix used to concentrate on good quality material but as their subscribers have grown they’ve begun churning out the same crap in different formats over and over again.
LeeTheRed9613/02/2020 14:34

Personally, I prefer that to scrolling through Netflix’s utter pile of r …Personally, I prefer that to scrolling through Netflix’s utter pile of repetitive rubbish for 25 minutes and then getting frustrated and turning it off.Netflix used to concentrate on good quality material but as their subscribers have grown they’ve begun churning out the same crap in different formats over and over again.

Each to their own, but Apple TV for me isn’t good even for free at the moment. I certainly wouldn’t pay for it.. but I prefer cinema hd, or titanium tv, which are free and have more content than all of them..
jon81uk13/02/2020 14:31

Again, quality not quantity.When Netflix first started making original …Again, quality not quantity.When Netflix first started making original content they had House of Cards and Orange is the New Black and that was it, everything else was re-runs of other stuff. Apple has at least 8 TV shows up within a few months. I don't think Apple TV+ is worth paying the £4.99 for ongoing, but as a free service with the purchase of another apple device, its excellent with some very high quality programming.Amazon doesn't really have a three tier system, its just they have two separate things showing on one screen. For example I can go into Netflix and watch a film if they have it, or I can rent/buy from iTunes. Amazon just shows the inclusive content (like Netflix) and the rent/buy content (like iTunes) on the same screen.

I’m glad you enjoy it... but for me it rubbish even free..
Bargainhead13/02/2020 15:10

Each to their own, but Apple TV for me isn’t good even for free at the m …Each to their own, but Apple TV for me isn’t good even for free at the moment. I certainly wouldn’t pay for it.. but I prefer cinema hd, or titanium tv, which are free and have more content than all of them..

Isn't Cinema HD just a way to watch "dodgy" almost illegal streams?
Bargainhead13/02/2020 15:10

Each to their own, but Apple TV for me isn’t good even for free at the m …Each to their own, but Apple TV for me isn’t good even for free at the moment. I certainly wouldn’t pay for it.. but I prefer cinema hd, or titanium tv, which are free and have more content than all of them..

Of course it’s good for free, maybe not just for you and I personally, and comparing them to non-legitimate options isn’t really fair either.

Will I take up the £4.99 per month when it becomes a charged for service? Probably not.

Will I have a peek at the new stuff they spend a fortune to create as the time for payment approaches (like any sensible company would do) and they try and entice people to continue? Yes, of course.

‘For All Mankind’ was a good watch and I’ve heard ‘See’ is well received (but I refuse to watch stuff with GoT characters in it now. If they can improve on that, what is there to lose?
jon81uk13/02/2020 15:16

Isn't Cinema HD just a way to watch "dodgy" almost illegal streams?

Open for interpretation..
LeeTheRed9613/02/2020 16:16

Of course it’s good for free, maybe not just for you and I personally, and …Of course it’s good for free, maybe not just for you and I personally, and comparing them to non-legitimate options isn’t really fair either.Will I take up the £4.99 per month when it becomes a charged for service? Probably not. Will I have a peek at the new stuff they spend a fortune to create as the time for payment approaches (like any sensible company would do) and they try and entice people to continue? Yes, of course.‘For All Mankind’ was a good watch and I’ve heard ‘See’ is well received (but I refuse to watch stuff with GoT characters in it now. If they can improve on that, what is there to lose?

I get it, you enjoy it and that’s good. I don’t and in my opinion it’s not worth it. There has been other posts on it and I’m not the only one who thinks it’s bad. But each to their own and there’s no right or wrong answer just different opinions. I’m not knocking anyone who likes it, just not for me..
Bargainhead13/02/2020 16:31

I get it, you enjoy it and that’s good. I don’t and in my opinion it’s not …I get it, you enjoy it and that’s good. I don’t and in my opinion it’s not worth it. There has been other posts on it and I’m not the only one who thinks it’s bad. But each to their own and there’s no right or wrong answer just different opinions. I’m not knocking anyone who likes it, just not for me..

I don’t enjoy it, it’s lacking. I just think it’s worth the cost... free.

I won’t be paying for it unless there’s a surge in quality content. I hope there is, because prime and Netflix are rotten.

IPTV libraries are keeping things interesting at the minute, but I pay £60 a year for that (despite having full Sky Q) because of BT Sport (which I refuse to pay the extra for) and the PPV boxing. The movie libraries are half decent too, although not as rapidly uploaded as they used to be.
LeeTheRed9613/02/2020 21:35

I don’t enjoy it, it’s lacking. I just think it’s worth the cost... free.I …I don’t enjoy it, it’s lacking. I just think it’s worth the cost... free.I won’t be paying for it unless there’s a surge in quality content. I hope there is, because prime and Netflix are rotten.IPTV libraries are keeping things interesting at the minute, but I pay £60 a year for that (despite having full Sky Q) because of BT Sport (which I refuse to pay the extra for) and the PPV boxing. The movie libraries are half decent too, although not as rapidly uploaded as they used to be.

So back and forth for something you don’t enjoy lol. Not good value at any cost if you don’t enjoy. STDs are free are they good value? Who do you use for iptv? I bought one but it stopped working.
Bargainhead14/02/2020 05:35

So back and forth for something you don’t enjoy lol. Not good value at any …So back and forth for something you don’t enjoy lol. Not good value at any cost if you don’t enjoy. STDs are free are they good value? Who do you use for iptv? I bought one but it stopped working.

Value is representative of cost to benefit ratio. Any calculation that includes a zero ends in zero, so if it costs nothing it simply can’t be bad value hahaha. All I’m saying is it’s free, take it or leave it, it just can’t be “not worth it”... because you haven’t paid for anything!

Anyway, I don’t know what the iptv thing is, a feels puts it on a Firestick (rather than my smart tv so I can take it places) and I plug it in wherever I go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants