Apple TV 4K or Nvidia Shield?

Found 23rd Dec 2017
Can’t decide between the two I currently have 4K Panasonic smart TV so would Netflix and Amazon look better with one of the above boxes? I want to build a collection of my favourite films in HD and 4K.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Definitely shield 100%

I recently bought the Apple TV 4K. It’s a great piece of kit and the 4K content purchased to date looks impressive.

My one concern is the limited number of films (I know that purchases will get the free upgrade treatment - which is great) available in 4K. Particularly new releases and pre-orders. Not enough are being released 4K ready which is annoying and m and you don’t get to watch some of the latest films in their 4K glory for the first time.

This is even more evident when you compare the UK store to the US with films such as the Hitmans Bodyguard being 4K in the US and HD here.

Apple is far too restrictive for having a tv device. Android has many apps that will always keep you entertained

Since the apps have been coming out I would away more to the Apple TV. We have subs with amazon, Netflix and Now TV and it’s a great centre hub for them. As well as streaming directly from our phones or laptop. Plus it is great quality and easy to use.

Personally I'm an Apple TV fan. Fantastic interface and with the new 'TV' app it brings together all of the streaming services into one search interface.

I can get all of the streaming services including Amazon Prime & Netflix.

sdoherty10003 h, 47 m ago

Apple is far too restrictive for having a tv device. Android has many apps …Apple is far too restrictive for having a tv device. Android has many apps that will always keep you entertained

How do you mean?

Terrarium tv, Redbox, Kodi are all on Android but not allowed on Apple TV due to the restrictions

sdoherty10009 h, 22 m ago

Terrarium tv, Redbox, Kodi are all on Android but not allowed on Apple TV …Terrarium tv, Redbox, Kodi are all on Android but not allowed on Apple TV due to the restrictions

You can get Kodi on Apple TV but it’s a faff. Whilst I can’t and won’t argue with your comments those aren’t mainstream apps and for the majority of users won’t matter.

I have a shield downstairs and upstairs, plays everything fine and also includes games, monthly fee for some pc games and can also install emulators so have all the old games on there too....I own an iPhone and iPad but about from streaming them I didn’t see the benefit of an Apple TV
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions