Apple TV app available on roku tv from today

Posted 15th Oct
Just a heads up that the Apple TV app is landing on (most)roku devices throughout today it’s a free download with the option to access your iTunes library plus of course if you wish to join Apple TV+ for £4.99 a month from November

roku.com/en-…-tv
Community Updates

Groups

14 Comments
Does it stream 4K?

So no need for the physical boxes now?
The list of Roku devices confirmed as supporting the Apple TV App goes as follows:

Roku TVs - 7000X, C000X, 8000X

Roku Smart Soundbar - 9101X

onn Roku Smart Soundbar - 9100X

Roku Express - 3900X, 3930X

Roku Express+ - 3910X, 3931X

Roku HD - 3932X

Roku Streaming Stick - 3800X

Roku Streaming Stick+ - 3810X, 3811X

Roku Premiere - 3920X, 4620X

Roku Premiere+ - 3921X, 4630X

Roku Ultra - 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X

Roku Ultra LT - 4662X

Roku 2 - 4205X, 4210X

Roku 3 - 4200X, 4230X
That's not a deal.
Is it coming on older Samsung TVs ?
Still waiting on the app to be added to my Samsung smart TV that I bought only last year. Don’t understand why seemingly the model after mine got it, but my TV apparently can’t handle it?
daydreamer0115/10/2019 14:59

That's not a deal.

I have a roku and wasn't aware of this - so it's a notification for roku users - thanks OP!
daydreamer0115/10/2019 14:59

That's not a deal.

Maybe not directly but might advise people if it means that they can now watch their Apple film/tv purchases on their TV, in case they don't have an Apple TV device, but do have a Roku.
Still waiting for it to come to Sony Android Tv
Will it be available on a now tv stick? They are Roku aren’t they?
foregoneconclusion15/10/2019 15:26

Will it be available on a now tv stick? They are Roku aren’t they?

They are stripped down Roku's, so no
Thanks
Thanks, but I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime and a TV licence. They are late to the party and I don't fancy another bill. There's only so much TV a person can watch and/or pay for. If people support fragmentation in the market then it will make things more expensive for consumers who will need to subscribe to multiple services. For that reason I will be avoiding Apple TV and Disney.
Edited by: "mr_johnsie" 15th Oct
mr_johnsie15/10/2019 16:35

Thanks, but I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime and a TV licence. They …Thanks, but I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime and a TV licence. They are late to the party and I don't fancy another bill. There's only so much TV a person can watch and/or pay for. If people support fragmentation in the market then it will make things more expensive for consumers who will need to subscribe to multiple services. For that reason I will be avoiding Apple TV and Disney.

You missed out Britbox as well
The flexibility of these services allows you to swap around at will, catch up on the latest shows then move on. Couple of months on Netflix, a month of Apple TV, then a month of Disney+ then maybe give Britbox a go before heading back to Netflix.

The only constant for me is Prime Video because I get the yearly Prime subscription.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants