Apple TV app now available on amazon fire firestick

Posted 24th Oct
As above anyone saying it’s not a deal could be right but if you were in the market for an Apple TV you may reconsider

apple.com/uk/…pp/
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
Do thay do streaming? Or is it just stuf you buy?
So happy to hear this .. with the Apple TV+ coming out with great shows I was not going to buy an Apple TV box as I’ve already got a fire stick.
This will do me nicely. Save me from having to get a Roku.
This could be great, if you can airplay through the app?
Can you Airplay?
Is it 25mbps bitrate like it is on the ATV4k boxes? If so i might finally start purchasing some streaming movies.
Zooicidal24/10/2019 20:56

Is it 25mbps bitrate like it is on the ATV4k boxes? If so i might finally …Is it 25mbps bitrate like it is on the ATV4k boxes? If so i might finally start purchasing some streaming movies.

Thats something i dont think i will do, buy digital copies. no physical copy obviously for a start and the platform can make get rid of it if they wanted to. I think one of the streaming companies did that fairly recently, made a movie, purchased by people, not playabale/deleted and i think refunded people.
EN1GMA25/10/2019 11:25

Thats something i dont think i will do, buy digital copies. no physical …Thats something i dont think i will do, buy digital copies. no physical copy obviously for a start and the platform can make get rid of it if they wanted to. I think one of the streaming companies did that fairly recently, made a movie, purchased by people, not playabale/deleted and i think refunded people.

You can buy a massive HDD and back up your iTunes movies using a Mac which will still work if they delete it from the library. Not an ideal solution, but at least there is an option to back them up.
Hilazing25/10/2019 12:30

You can buy a massive HDD and back up your iTunes movies using a Mac which …You can buy a massive HDD and back up your iTunes movies using a Mac which will still work if they delete it from the library. Not an ideal solution, but at least there is an option to back them up.

Drm?
EN1GMA25/10/2019 12:39

Drm?

I believe it needs to be played through an Apple device signed in with your Apple ID. I haven't done it myself, just remember reading about it when this subject came up previously.
I saw earlier this morning someone had posted it as a deal and was getting unessessary flack for it. It's since gone. Does anyone know who posted it? They seemed to have a great looking theme on their firestick and I wanted to ask them about it. Cheers.
Strange that it is only available currently on Fire TV Sticks and not Fire TVs.
A Cnet news article covering this said no Airplay I’m afraid.
Edited by: "sokratesagogo" 26th Oct
ive searched for it on the uk store, cant find it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants