Apple TV+ launches with free to air episodes

Posted 1st Nov
Apple TV+ has launched today and at the moment there are free episodes of shows such as The Morning Show and See. This is not the seven day free trial. You can watch these free to air with no commitment to signing up. Looks like two episodes of each show are free but you have to sign up to the free trial for the third episodes. Available on TV app on Apple devices.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
Just had a look at it on the Fire TV Stick app, shows the first 3 episodes for me.

It does seem a bit of a faff though if you don't have an apple device. Can't buy anything on the app, have to do it on an apple device or PC first. Same goes for subbing to the Apple TV+ service that the app is all about in the first place, not that i'd want to at this point as there's nothing on it other than the first free episodes.
I can’t find the app on my fire tv box?
toonsquirel01/11/2019 12:58

I can’t find the app on my fire tv box?

Try sending it from the amazon app store in a browser to your fire tv amazon.co.uk/App…YT/

I think it only works on the fire stick 4K though.
Edited by: "Zooicidal" 1st Nov
Zooicidal01/11/2019 13:01

Try sending it from the amazon app store in a browser to your fire tv …Try sending it from the amazon app store in a browser to your fire tv https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Inc-TV/dp/B07XDD7GYT/I think it only works on the fire stick 4K though.

Yeah it seems like it’s not on the newest 4K fire box even though it states it should be.
Can you access your paid films on the app using fire stick?
I've got a couple of new Apple TV's - so we got a free subscription. We've just watched two of the new Jennifer Aniston series 'The Morning Show' - really enjoyed it, but theres no way you'd subscribe to it - theres only 6 shows in total - it cant really be called a 'network'.
jasonwood99901/11/2019 22:30

I've got a couple of new Apple TV's - so we got a free subscription. We've …I've got a couple of new Apple TV's - so we got a free subscription. We've just watched two of the new Jennifer Aniston series 'The Morning Show' - really enjoyed it, but theres no way you'd subscribe to it - theres only 6 shows in total - it cant really be called a 'network'.

I honestly don't see how it's going to be sustainable. Even in a year's time if they have 20 shows that's still next to nothing, I mean there's no way i'd leave a Netflix, Now TV sub running if that's all they had, hell some of them add that amount in a single day (granted most are just filler junk).

It seems like they want to drip feed the episodes like normal TV in order to encourage long term subs but the reality will end up with everyone just subbing for a month, bingeing the ones they fancy then cancelling.
Very brave of Apple to release such a thin and light service.
Do they include audio with the shows or is that all a bit last century?
Zooicidal02/11/2019 12:31

I honestly don't see how it's going to be sustainable. Even in a year's …I honestly don't see how it's going to be sustainable. Even in a year's time if they have 20 shows that's still next to nothing, I mean there's no way i'd leave a Netflix, Now TV sub running if that's all they had, hell some of them add that amount in a single day (granted most are just filler junk).It seems like they want to drip feed the episodes like normal TV in order to encourage long term subs but the reality will end up with everyone just subbing for a month, bingeing the ones they fancy then cancelling.

Well somewhere, there must be a large library that haven't already been committed to a streaming company, or a company that could do with being bought out - Sony's Crackle is a random thought. Because you're right at this rate it isn't a viable alternative or complementary source of entertainment. The only thing I can imagine them doing is going the Amazon Prime route and offering additional services - such as audio subscription, ebooks, games. Or access to 'live tv' - which none of the services offer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants