Apple warranty, 13 months broke

Found 6th Oct 2017
Bought an ipad about 13 months ago, and randomly the touch screen has stopped working, bit annoyed because it has not been dropped or even used that much so only just being over a year old it is now useless.

To get it fixed myself it cost 160£ for the ipad mini 4, and you can buy a B condition from argos for 220£, so 60£ its worth pretty much but even so even less least If i was to buy the argos one it have another year warranty.. I digress

is this not cover under a eu 2 year warranty law? please advice
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
If you bought it from Apple they usually do it under the 2 year EU Warranty but you need to challenge them hard. If it is bought from somewhere else they fire you back to them.

As @indigobox said, take it back to Apple and have them review it. If there is no damage then they'll likely do something for you.

I've always received good care from Apple. For example, my Mac is a couple years old and they've replaced the screen after about 20 months because a cleaning product they sold was stripping my screen coating. Same with iPhone, rubbish battery etc and they've replaced it outside of the warranty.
My iPad mini was one month out of AppleCare and screen was odd, after phone call and online help they gave me a new ipad
Got my iPhone 6plus replaced after 2 years when the screen started bouncing..!
Worth taking it back..!!
I would definitely try resetting the iPad first just in case it’s a hardware issue (unlikely, but saves you money if it is) and you can reset it via iTunes. Then if that doesn’t work I’d suggest doing what the other comments said
Has Apple turned a new leaf, this never happened to me few years ago. If all this is recent, then highly possible.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants