Apple Watch

Posted 12th Nov
Is the difference In price between the series 3 and 5 worth paying the extra for
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
worf20112/11/2019 01:21

I have the 3 and don’t think there’s enough to warrant the upgrade

If you already own the 3 maybe not, but buying it as first Apple Watch definitely go for the 5, why buy older tech, think off the updates you will lose 2 years of support as well...
11 Comments
worf20112/11/2019 01:21

If you already own the 3 maybe not, but buying it as first Apple Watch definitely go for the 5, why buy older tech, think off the updates you will lose 2 years of support as well...
I have just bought the 4 , as I don't see much difference between that and the 5
Between the 3 and the 5, I would say a big difference. But not between the 4 and the 5. So find a 4 if you want to save some money? The difference between the 3 and the 4 is still significant purely because of the screen size. Fills more of the watch face and makes the 3 and earlier look like very outdated tech in comparison
Edited by: "vjr16" 12th Nov
I would go for the 3 as its half the price but does 90% of the features.
I'd go for the Series 4, a lot cheaper than the 5 and still has the major upgrades from jumping from 3 to 5. You're not losing out on much if you have a 4 over a 5.
I’ve the 3 and will keep it another year there’s nothing making me upgrade yet and it’s found string still, but no way would I buy myself a 3 now as I know I’ll not get long til it’s outdated. I got my daughter the 5 for Christmas because the 4 is barely any cheaper. It’s always neat to get the newest model out of possible and if you get it for £329 sort of price like I got the 5 for my daughter then you can’t go wrong.
Bargainhead12/11/2019 06:10

If you already own the 3 maybe not, but buying it as first Apple Watch …If you already own the 3 maybe not, but buying it as first Apple Watch definitely go for the 5, why buy older tech, think off the updates you will lose 2 years of support as well...

Why would it last longer? The only ‘lasting longer’ will be that it will hold its value for a year longer which only matters if you’re intending to sell it within a couple of years to upgrade again. (After 3 years I would expect a second hand 4 and 5 would be roughly the same price)

Apple do updates for these devices years after they stop selling them (even the series 1 gets this years watchOS6 upgrade)

If if it was just a £10 more sure of course get the latest but for such little feature upgrades from the S4 £50-£70 is noticeable; unless you really want compass and AoD of course.
Edited by: "astrapartytime" 12th Nov
The above was a quote I copied from another thread

This user was just adamant that the 3 and 5 will get the same support over the next few years
Edited by: "astrapartytime" 12th Nov
astrapartytime12/11/2019 17:04

Why would it last longer? The only ‘lasting longer’ will be that it will ho …Why would it last longer? The only ‘lasting longer’ will be that it will hold its value for a year longer which only matters if you’re intending to sell it within a couple of years to upgrade again. (After 3 years I would expect a second hand 4 and 5 would be roughly the same price)Apple do updates for these devices years after they stop selling them (even the series 1 gets this years watchOS6 upgrade)If if it was just a £10 more sure of course get the latest but for such little feature upgrades from the S4 £50-£70 is noticeable; unless you really want compass and AoD of course.

Yes they update and a series 3 will stop getting updates 2 years before the 5, as they do with phones... bit of common sense. 5 is also bigger. As I said if your buying your first watch why buy tech 2 years old and won’t update for as long...
3 isn’t as good as accurate like the 5. The only difference from 4 and 5 is that you are paying for the time to be visible 24/7 (basically you don’t have to tap it or turn your wrist to get the time up). I’m after a Watch and have found the 5 is £352 (40mm) white sport wrist band. As further up in comments if you do buy the 3 you will lose the data that has come out with the models above but if you can stretch to a 4 series then you get the same data as a 5 series.

I am no techno and some bits if I’ve got wrong then I apologise I’ve been on the look out for Apple Watch for a few weeks so I’ve done a bit of research on them and by what the shops have told me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions