Apple Watch helped save two peoples lives

Found 3rd May
digitaltrends.com/wea…ief

Quite interesting! Hopefully smart watches will continue to add health features to continue to help save lives.
Community Updates
Top comments
"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began bleeding. He then received an alert from his Apple Watch telling him that his heart rate had spiked, and recommending that he seek medical attention."

You would have thought that the dizziness and bleeding would have been enough really!
11 Comments
"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began bleeding. He then received an alert from his Apple Watch telling him that his heart rate had spiked, and recommending that he seek medical attention."

You would have thought that the dizziness and bleeding would have been enough really!
cdm2231 m ago

"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began …"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began bleeding. He then received an alert from his Apple Watch telling him that his heart rate had spiked, and recommending that he seek medical attention."You would have thought that the dizziness and bleeding would have been enough really!

Unless it was a common occurrence before.
Mechtup2 h, 44 m ago

Unless it was a common occurrence before.

In which case he would have known the symptoms and how to react.

(You are right. I am not a fan of devices that pimp themselves out as life saving when their true purpose is to find out anything and everything they can about you so the data can be sold)
Don’t think it did, it have them some information which they should have been acutely aware of as symptoms. No news.

A bit like saying fitness tracker told me I wasn’t excercising enough so I exercised and therefore have decreased my risk of type 2 diabetes and dying from it
I'd learned from one of my teachers, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."`
cmdr_elito1 h, 58 m ago

Don’t think it did, it have them some information which they should have b …Don’t think it did, it have them some information which they should have been acutely aware of as symptoms. No news.A bit like saying fitness tracker told me I wasn’t excercising enough so I exercised and therefore have decreased my risk of type 2 diabetes and dying from it

With the man, it helped doctors diagnose him quicker apparently (because of the elevated heart rate)

It’s easy to ignore symptoms if you’re the type of person who doesn’t get sick. I’ll agree though that he should have thought the other two symptoms as serious.

I have an Apple Watch and was thinking of changing it to a cheaper watch but now don’t think I will. It’s helpful to know that you (maybe unintentionally) have something that can help save your life.

I’m optimistic for the future, which was the point I was trying to make
Mechtup7 h, 39 m ago

With the man, it helped doctors diagnose him quicker apparently (because …With the man, it helped doctors diagnose him quicker apparently (because of the elevated heart rate) :)It’s easy to ignore symptoms if you’re the type of person who doesn’t get sick. I’ll agree though that he should have thought the other two symptoms as serious.I have an Apple Watch and was thinking of changing it to a cheaper watch but now don’t think I will. It’s helpful to know that you (maybe unintentionally) have something that can help save your life.I’m optimistic for the future, which was the point I was trying to make

There are other cheaper ones around £25 with heart monitoring, it really doesn’t need to be an Apple Watch it doesn’t do anything different really to the cheaper ones. I’m typing this on an iPhone so not anti Apple at all, but they really don’t have the lead in this market at all, they are essentially offering what’s available cheaply already for a good while at a very premium price. The title of the article should be fitness monitor saves mans life otherwise it’s just Apple hype.
My cousin has epilepsy and his apple watch (or an app on it) can detect when he is having a seizure and sends an alert to his mum and dad's phones.

I'm not really sure how it works
cdm2217 h, 13 m ago

"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began …"William Monzidelis began feeling dizzy at work, and he soon began bleeding. He then received an alert from his Apple Watch telling him that his heart rate had spiked, and recommending that he seek medical attention."You would have thought that the dizziness and bleeding would have been enough really!

Apple have taken common sense to an whole new level.
cmdr_elito3 h, 59 m ago

There are other cheaper ones around £25 with heart monitoring, it really …There are other cheaper ones around £25 with heart monitoring, it really doesn’t need to be an Apple Watch it doesn’t do anything different really to the cheaper ones. I’m typing this on an iPhone so not anti Apple at all, but they really don’t have the lead in this market at all, they are essentially offering what’s available cheaply already for a good while at a very premium price. The title of the article should be fitness monitor saves mans life otherwise it’s just Apple hype.

Just trying to say that it’s good to know that it does something like that as a lot of people don’t buy it for health purposes. I was just surprised reading the article
I was at a first aid course recently and when asked about checking heart rate the instructor said they don't teach that as there's not a quick way to check and monitor but I do wonder if that will change in time as an increasing number of people wear devices with HR monitoring (particularly outdoors people which is what the course was aimed at)
Edited by: "Johnmcl7" 4th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions