Apple watch series 2 or 3??

Found 15th Sep 2017
So got the apple nike series 2 42mm unopened from Nike for £278. Still could return within the 14 days.

Do I buy the new series 3 42mm GPS only instead for £359, for future proof.

Can't seem to decide

I know they are kinda the same but no3 faster. It says 70% but side by side would you notice a big difference?:/

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

It's not worth the extra £81 really as as far as I know there's not many differences aside from the battery and speed

The series 3 has its own mobile signal (I don't know if it'll need it's own SIM card though) which might be worth considering.

I still have an OG series 1 which does what I need and I only paid about £120 for it, so I was happy with that!

Can I jump on this and ask I am looking for a watch for a teenager with gps rather good quality not bothered about cost ...

is this the above Apple Watch your talking about ?
Sorry trying to investigate and have not a clue any advice welcome 😬

I agree with Dolphinzz. The Series 2 to 3 standard you won't notice much difference. I think if you got the cellular model then yes as it has the extra option to take out with EE.

For the difference in cost I'd recommend to take out Apple Care as I found this Watch was easy to scratch no matter how careful you are. You can claim twice for accidental damage within A two year period I believe.

I think the difference in speed Aple talk about won't be that noticeable. At first when you get an Apple Watch, you play with everything.

For me as the days go by it became a watch, quick messaging device with the help of Siri and fitness tracker. Other than that I don't use anything else on it.

the GPS on the 2 is outstanding especially when you go in work out mode. I use it when I walk the dog and can see the route of the walk and colour zones of stop,start, fast movement etc.

Lastly with Watch OS 4 coming out they say it should improve a lot of things on the 2.
so for me I'd go a 2 over a 3 at present unless you needed the Cellular option and take out Apple Care.

CJ.
Edited by: "indigobox" 16th Sep 2017

Original Poster

Thanks. Il be keeping the series 2. Get a decent strap after a while. Buy the next watch series 4 celluar when it comes next year.

jaspreet1719 h, 17 m ago

Thanks. Il be keeping the series 2. Get a decent strap after a while. Buy …Thanks. Il be keeping the series 2. Get a decent strap after a while. Buy the next watch series 4 celluar when it comes next year.

I bought several straps from Amazon.. costs between £6 and £15. Much cheaper than the originals and look just as good.

Original Poster

They seem cheap. Just had a look, tried to find student discount or warehouse deal 20% but nothing appealing yet

Gotta love apples over inflated prices though.

The leather official straps are good quality and feel nice. I can’t speak on behalf of the Amazon or other brands as I haven’t tried them.

Sadly they come with a premium price.

I’d also buy A grade only from CEX which gets them reduced substantially especially if you can get a voucher at 80% of value.

CJ.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions