Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost

Found 15th Sep 2017
I am struggling to find the answer to this query.

Apple Watch Series 3 is locked to EE - I've preordered today.

EE have a cost quoted of £25 a month. But looking at the contract this includes the watch itself (so it's more like £17 for the watch and £8 for the data).

What I can't see is - having the watchpre ordered - do EE offer a cheaper contract? I don't want to pay £25 a month when I have already bought the watch outright..
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
I read somewhere it was £5 for the contract alone.
Original Poster
hairray1 m ago

I read somewhere it was £5 for the contract alone.

Ooh that would be good
It's a shame they're not bundling it with iPhone 8 contracts, seen the new tariff prices?
Original Poster
I like to buy these things outright. Luckily I'm on EE so I'll add the watch to that. Then in a month I'll bite the bullet on the X...

At least depreciation is good. My 7 cost £650 and is up to £500 still second hand..
It's not *locked* to EE, is it? I was assuming if you bought it from Apple you could use it with other networks when they roll out the service, without unlock hassles. I'm intending to use an EE PAYG deal for a few months until that happens, as EE coverage is poor in my area.
Original Poster
MattiiWhiting25 m ago

It's not *locked* to EE, is it? I was assuming if you bought it from Apple …It's not *locked* to EE, is it? I was assuming if you bought it from Apple you could use it with other networks when they roll out the service, without unlock hassles. I'm intending to use an EE PAYG deal for a few months until that happens, as EE coverage is poor in my area.

True - I think I misused the phrase locked. Though I like EE a lot, good coverage and hopefully can use the remainder of my six months free Apple Music from E on the watch!
I got a text offering 23 on my already £50 contract for my 7 Plus . Ended up with a extra £10 for 5gigs and the watch
Original Poster
puddles99991 h, 38 m ago

I got a text offering 23 on my already £50 contract for my 7 Plus . Ended …I got a text offering 23 on my already £50 contract for my 7 Plus . Ended up with a extra £10 for 5gigs and the watch

Oh wow.. maybe I should have waited!!.. I wanted the Nike+ watch so ordered that - but for this deal I would have just taken the normal one... ah well - if they manage to get me a deal like that maybe my GF can have the spare watch and we can talk to each other watch to watch like goons.
justingalore8 h, 34 m ago

I like to buy these things outright. Luckily I'm on EE so I'll add the …I like to buy these things outright. Luckily I'm on EE so I'll add the watch to that. Then in a month I'll bite the bullet on the X...At least depreciation is good. My 7 cost £650 and is up to £500 still second hand..

I'm not convinced first iteration of Face ID is going to be a forward step from Touch ID.
Original Poster
OllieSt11 m ago

I'm not convinced first iteration of Face ID is going to be a forward step …I'm not convinced first iteration of Face ID is going to be a forward step from Touch ID.

No. But I am seriously bored of this design after 3 years. A fourth might push me right over the edge. I am used to opening my surface using my face - so i assume it will be at least as effective as that..
justingalore19 m ago

No. But I am seriously bored of this design after 3 years. A fourth might …No. But I am seriously bored of this design after 3 years. A fourth might push me right over the edge. I am used to opening my surface using my face - so i assume it will be at least as effective as that..

It's the watch that interests me. I like all watches, all different kinds of watches, and the whole notion of being able to make and receive calls from a watch has appeal to me. As a Spotify Premium customer I'm unsure if the watch will tick that many the boxes though as it's the downloaded content that I mainly use. I also need a decent functioning Lastpass app Tom really consider leaving the phone at home.
OllieSt10 m ago

It's the watch that interests me. I like all watches, all different kinds …It's the watch that interests me. I like all watches, all different kinds of watches, and the whole notion of being able to make and receive calls from a watch has appeal to me. As a Spotify Premium customer I'm unsure if the watch will tick that many the boxes though as it's the downloaded content that I mainly use. I also need a decent functioning Lastpass app Tom really consider leaving the phone at home.

I'm with you, out of all the products the cellular watch was the most interesting product.
Original Poster
hairray34 m ago

I'm with you, out of all the products the cellular watch was the most …I'm with you, out of all the products the cellular watch was the most interesting product.

Yeah the reason I've gone for the Nike one is I do like to run and it annoys me taking my phone. I think this is the beggining of something - less reliance on the smartphone and more of a suite of devices which are all connected - watch, speaker, phone, car, et
It's defo the start of something. Wearable cellular devices are the future. I believe Augmented reality is the start of the spectacle tech coming to Apple, I know Google have their Glasses but it doesn't seem to be taking off?
I have an iPhone 6 and tbh can't get excited about iPhone 8 and I won't pay the price of the iPhone X. I can substantiate £50 a month for a mobile phone and won't get sucked into £75 per month.

I'm perfectly happy with O2 network so I won't be changing to EE. At the moment I'm out of contract with O2 paying them about £20 per month for calls.

I'm imterested in the LTE watch and I think £5 per month for the facility is reasonable, I can only assume O2 will eventually follow suit,

However my research indicates that it's only the more expensive watches that come with sapphire glass. I couldn't bare to have a scratched watch face. The price of the sapphire glass watches are nearer £700 and as a collector of watches I would consider paying that. The major drawback for me is that £700 for a watch that will be obsolete in a few years is incomprehensible.

So so in a nutshell Apple's latest offerings don't tick any boxes for me which kinda sucks because my experience with their phones since iPhone 5 has been pretty positive.
Original Poster
Signed up today. £0 for six months and £5 per month thereafter for 10gb. If you somehow go over 10gb it then eats in to your normal allowance. This makes it seem pretty good value - and the EE contracts seem very bad value.

In terms of reception - so far so good in central london. Am able to message, make and receive calls etc, all with the phone off..
Original Poster
Here’s my first impressions of the thing Link
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants