Apple Watch smashed screen

Posted 27th Jan
Apple Watch series 4 screen got smashed recently had it just under a year. Apple have quoted £275 for repair! It’s on contract with EE, no insurance or Apple care.

Looked at third party and it’s around £200. Anybody else got any other ways to get it fixed? Don’t really want to spend more than £100, as I could just buy a series 5 instead of getting the repair.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Is getting it done under your home insurance an option?
Similar to the back glass of the newer iPhones in being very difficult to fix. Honestly I’d just try and get a new one for a decent price rather that pay £200+.
You can trade your old one in with Apple. Not sure on terms and conditions though.
walrus428/01/2020 07:12

Is getting it done under your home insurance an option?

I've never done anything through home insurance tbh, what would i even say
So no gorilla glass then? ..that is stupid. (but clever of apple who really don't give a to$$ bar for profit).

Is there a toughened glass screen protector?
ruudvanbains28/01/2020 12:18

I've never done anything through home insurance tbh, what would i even say …I've never done anything through home insurance tbh, what would i even say

Claim some kind of DIY incident ?but it really depends on your level of cover ie personal possessions and excess level.
ruudvanbains28/01/2020 12:18

I've never done anything through home insurance tbh, what would i even say …I've never done anything through home insurance tbh, what would i even say

Depends if you have accidental cover included or not
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants