Apple - Which is the better deal?

Posted 20th Jan
Hello,

first world problem, but I'm looking to choose a new smartphone and am stuck between two deals. Input is sorely desired and much required.

the first is the iPhone 11, 128GB and £35pm with 8GB data on Virgin Mobile. the second is the iPhone XS, 256GB for £34pm with 3GB data on Sky Mobile.

basically I'm wondering if anyone has used the two and what they think might be the better option. as far as I see the first has better battery and night camera, while the second has a better screen and ergonomics.

I'm not looking for a lecture on why Apple and it's products are poor value/bad - but any other help is much appreciated
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
The first one, it's a much newer phone for £1 a month with more data as well. Unless you're planning on filling it up with music and downloaded films etc, the lack of storage won't be noticeable.

I've got a 64GB iPhone and have never got anywhere near filling it, although I use Spotify and stream video rather than downloading stuff. It does have just under 18000 photos, 700 and something videos and over 120 apps and I still have over 12GB of space
Personally would choose the 11 over the Xs for the battery alone. It’s also bigger which might be a positive for you(?) and will last you longer with updates etc (if you don’t plan on selling right after your contract is up). Regarding the screen, yes the Xs has a higher res but that’s not to say the 11 is bad because lcd wise its one of the best screens out there (on a phone anyway). It’s an iPhone so you will be happy either way but this is my 2 pence
The iPhone 11 seems cheap, check it its a 36 month contract or 24
RawMukky20/01/2020 18:31

The iPhone 11 seems cheap, check it its a 36 month contract or 24

It is a 36 month contract, but I've no issue with keeping a phone that long.
seacam20/01/2020 18:33

It is a 36 month contract, but I've no issue with keeping a phone that …It is a 36 month contract, but I've no issue with keeping a phone that long.

Personally I would go for the XS, take a look and see if you can get it any cheaper.
iPhone 11 is just an upgraded XR.
The Xs is overall better phone, maybe not camera but it’s still good and the screen is way better and is a better size and shape as well. If the Xs is a 2 year deal it’s far better option, you’ll then be free in 2 years to get another or go on a cheap sim deal so overall the Xs is a good £300 cheaper and better phone. The 11 is this years budget phone and the Xs is last years flagship.
Totally agree if it’s 36 month it’s a bad deal...but unless you put phones next to each other you won’t notice the difference in pic quality on screens that size, the battery is good on the 11..
iPhone 11 128GB in instalments from Apple for £32 a month, then bundle it with a cheap £6 a month SIMO. It’ll work out far cheaper than a 36 month contract for not much more /month
The 11 was a big update over the X range, the camera and software are in a different league. The screen on the 11 is also very nice nice. Do not buy from Virgin though as that 'deal' is shockingly bad, £1260
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions