Applecare for iphone NOW AVAILABLE

Found 13th Jun 2009
Only just become available for £59 this extends your warranty to 2 years,essential really

store.apple.com/uk_…DY1

12 Comments

Essential really?

Don't think so mate

Don't waste your money, under EU law you have a 2 year guarantee as standard. Most shops will tell you this is nonsense, but push it and you will always win. Check out the following link for more details;

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

according to staff in the o2 shop they said if u take out the 2 year contract then ur iphone is under warrenty for both years. Dont know how true it is as apple say otherwise or is it just a way to get extra money from u?

Does anyone know of a cheaper insurance for the iphone as o2 want £10 a month and dont fancy paying that for 2 years

These guys seem to be the cheapest i could find a few months back and recommended from MSE.

talkcover.co.uk/

Hope that helps.

gilcocker;5481104

These guys seem to be the cheapest i could find a few months back and … These guys seem to be the cheapest i could find a few months back and recommended from MSE.http://www.talkcover.co.uk/Hope that helps.

does that cover you if the phone develops a fault though?

gilcocker;5481104

These guys seem to be the cheapest i could find a few months back and … These guys seem to be the cheapest i could find a few months back and recommended from MSE.http://www.talkcover.co.uk/Hope that helps.

Thanks, will check them out
Just dont fancy paying £240 on insurance when i get the iphone

Does anyone know of a cheaper insurance for the iphone as o2 want £10 a … Does anyone know of a cheaper insurance for the iphone as o2 want £10 a month and dont fancy paying that for 2 years

It was more of a reply to the above quote. But I think you'd have to take it up with the insurers to see if it does. I think as long as you don't go breaking it on purpose or it's minor cosmetic damage I think it would cover faults on the device. Check with them first though.

souljacker;5481128

does that cover you if the phone develops a fault though?

Extended warranty up to 5 years

How many people keep the same phone for five years?

gbpublishing;5481071

Don't waste your money, under EU law you have a 2 year guarantee as … Don't waste your money, under EU law you have a 2 year guarantee as standard. Most shops will tell you this is nonsense, but push it and you will always win. Check out the following link for more details;http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1187190/EU-law-gives-consumers-year-guarantee-goods-kept-secret-retailers.html

What he said....Totally pointless.EVERYTHING has 2 yr warranty these days.

How long has there been two years warrenty? I had one of the 1st gen IPhones and the bottom of the screen became unresponsive randomly after a night out and when I went to see if apple would fix it (was 18months old at the time) they said its not covered anymore. Sold it on eBay though (advertised as broken) for the same amount of money I bought it for though so didnt care too much!

RHodgett;5481857

How long has there been two years warrenty? I had one of the 1st gen … How long has there been two years warrenty? I had one of the 1st gen IPhones and the bottom of the screen became unresponsive randomly after a night out and when I went to see if apple would fix it (was 18months old at the time) they said its not covered anymore. Sold it on eBay though (advertised as broken) for the same amount of money I bought it for though so didnt care too much!

Think it's being going for a while but shops do not inform customers due to the fact the make a lot of money selling extended warrenties to consumers but under EU law electronics come with at least a 2 year warrenty

see gppublishing's link above for details
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions