applied for new marriage tax code , should inhave some cash back ?

Found 26th Apr 2016
Forgive me if I have completely misunderstood , but I applied 5/6 weeks ago and my tax code was altered for this marriage tax allowance . I was told by a few people that I'd also get some sort of rebate in my new payslip.... Unfortunately nothing at all....any ideas ?
Community Updates
AskCashback
11 Comments
I applied, the next month my payslip showed a rebate under the tax section. Both the new tax code applicable and reimbursement for the now previously overcharged tax.
I am also in the same boat, applied eight weeks ago and received notification of new tax code to S1210M and still my payslip has the old code for this year being applied. Hey Ho the Tax Man is verily Taxing.
I am also in the same boat, applied eight weeks ago and received notification of new tax code to S1210M and still my payslip has the old code for this year being applied. Hey Ho the Tax Man is verily Taxing.

If you've been given your new code but your payslip is the same that sounds like your employer has cocked up, not the tax man.
Dilbert

I am also in the same boat, applied eight weeks ago and received … I am also in the same boat, applied eight weeks ago and received notification of new tax code to S1210M and still my payslip has the old code for this year being applied. Hey Ho the Tax Man is verily Taxing.If you've been given your new code but your payslip is the same that sounds like your employer has cocked up, not the tax man.

agreed its the employers duty to make sure that this is correct
Employer has checked but has not received any official notification from hrmc and the tax code alteration letter was addressed to my home so he says until official notification comes from hrmc it's no change for me.
How long as any off you had to wait for back pay via cheque.
did you already pay tax?

do you get paid monthly?

When (what month or week) was the code applied to your wage slip?

What was the code you were given?
YouDontWantToKnow

did you already pay tax?do you get paid monthly?When (what month or week) … did you already pay tax?do you get paid monthly?When (what month or week) was the code applied to your wage slip?What was the code you were given?

I get paid monthly

I do pay tax

I had confirmation letters from Hmrc to confirm the new tax code was applied , maybe 4 -6 weeks before my payslip

My code has now changed this month to an M

harmonysalesuk

My code has now changed this month to an M

By this month do you mean your March payslip or Aprils? And on what date of the month are you paid?
YouDontWantToKnow

By this month do you mean your March payslip or Aprils? And on what date … By this month do you mean your March payslip or Aprils? And on what date of the month are you paid?

April payslip processes on 26th clears on 28th
You should be entitled to a rebate from last year.

HMRCs notification to your company probably wasnt received by your company in time. They have a few weeks to notify HMRC of your salary for last year (april 2015 to 5th April 2016). When they do this you should either get a rebate by cheque automatically or you may have to approach HMRC again to get them to action your rebate.

In any case you will not get a rebate until your company submits details of your final salary which is either by 15th May or 15th June (I cant remember)

Your Aprils wage should include the M code & tax will be deducted on a monthly basis so you should see yourself a touch better off each month from now..
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 26th Apr 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions