Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

AppLock App Permissions & gallery apps

Posted 23rd May
Hi All,

I've always wanted to download an App Lock application but have always been put off by the app permissions that are requested.

Has anyone used this specific app before? play.google.com/sto…8Ak

Why does it ask for Camera and Location app permissions? Would appreciate it if someone could please clarify. Many thanks.

P.S

2nd question I have is whether or not you can have 2 gallery/photos apps installed and used at the same time? I.e. have some photos in one app and other photos in the 2nd gallery app? Is this possible?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Sorry can't help with the AppLock application question, my phone is secured with biometrics and a strong backup password so I've never seen the point in these apps even though phones I've owned have had them built in.

To answer the second question.

The concept you need to think of is that files e.g photos are not stored in an app. They are stored in the file system of the device (be that a phone, a tablet or a pc)

The app looks in the file system for files of a certain type and shows them when you open it or you can sometimes tell the app which folder in the file system the files are stored in.

So as the files are stored in a file system folder not in a specific app they can be viewed and opened in as many different gallery apps as you want to install.
Uridium23/05/2020 21:04

Sorry can't help with the AppLock application question, my phone is …Sorry can't help with the AppLock application question, my phone is secured with biometrics and a strong backup password so I've never seen the point in these apps even though phones I've owned have had them built in.To answer the second question.The concept you need to think of is that files e.g photos are not stored in an app. They are stored in the file system of the device (be that a phone, a tablet or a pc)The app looks in the file system for files of a certain type and shows them when you open it or you can sometimes tell the app which folder in the file system the files are stored in.So as the files are stored in a file system folder not in a specific app they can be viewed and opened in as many different gallery apps as you want to install.

I see what you mean. Makes sense. Thank you.

Now, let's say I install an additional gallery app, how would it be possible to lock access to that app? Would I need to install one of the AppLock applications?
Edited by: "billmax764" 23rd May
billmax76423/05/2020 22:51

I see what you mean. Makes sense. Thank you.Now, let's say I install an …I see what you mean. Makes sense. Thank you.Now, let's say I install an additional gallery app, how would it be possible to lock access to that app? Would I need to install one of the AppLock applications?

With an AppLock app you can protect access to any app you choose.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions