Days you need annual leave
24 Dec
27 Dec
28 Dec
31 Dec
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc
Top comments
Not everyone gets all those days off, certainly most retail outlets will be working those, again I would imagine you need to get authorisation from your line manager which will not be guaranteed either.
20 Comments
Hi @jnds I've moved this over to misc. Thanks for posting
I think you’ll find this only applies to a very select few people ! I get x-mas day off that’s it !
Not everyone gets all those days off, certainly most retail outlets will be working those, again I would imagine you need to get authorisation from your line manager which will not be guaranteed either.
going to try this tomorrow before anyone else at work catches on!
Everyone at my work realised this last year no chance for me
ASongOfFireAndIce2 h, 33 m ago

I think you’ll find this only applies to a very select few people ! I get x …I think you’ll find this only applies to a very select few people ! I get x-mas day off that’s it !

ch7leach2 h, 8 m ago

Not everyone gets all those days off, certainly most retail outlets will …Not everyone gets all those days off, certainly most retail outlets will be working those, again I would imagine you need to get authorisation from your line manager which will not be guaranteed either.

of course not but thats not what is being said, anyone who doesnt work in retail or has enough holidays and their boss allows it will get be able to get them, same as last year. Schools are also off later in most parts so some will need to be off even longer.
joesmum2 h, 5 m ago

going to try this tomorrow before anyone else at work catches on!

You think? With my rest days and being closed Xmas and Boxing days, I thought I'd go for it a few weeks back. I'm 44th in line for 27th

But as mentioned, this only works for Mon-Friday workers I think.
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Jun
ofc it means you have less holidays for the rest of the year
brilly22 m ago

ofc it means you have less holidays for the rest of the year

ofc
I work in the care industry. No days off. I'm pleased I can help improve the quality of life for those less fortunate.
Scratty39 m ago

I work in the care industry. No days off. I'm pleased I can help improve …I work in the care industry. No days off. I'm pleased I can help improve the quality of life for those less fortunate.

Not technically true that though is it, in the UK you have to take a statutory 28 days a year but that doesn’t mean you will be able to take it at Christmas but you have to take it.
I work Xmas day and Boxing day. Love it, saves me sitting round a table with my family arguing
Nice! Worth seeing if I can get 'em!
eslick10 h, 31 m ago

Not technically true that though is it, in the UK you have to take a …Not technically true that though is it, in the UK you have to take a statutory 28 days a year but that doesn’t mean you will be able to take it at Christmas but you have to take it.

To be fair quite a few of those industries you might get the 28 days off but you have to cover your opposite number’s holidays when they take theirs
Dannyrobbo57 m ago

To be fair quite a few of those industries you might get the 28 days off …To be fair quite a few of those industries you might get the 28 days off but you have to cover your opposite number’s holidays when they take theirs

thats probably the same in all jobs, just because the number of staff arent around the work doesn't decrease, At our place we can buy an extra two weeks holiday sounds great but dont know anyone who has actually taken it up because all that happens is the work waits for you and when you get back you need to do twice as much to get back on track.
eslick1 h, 23 m ago

thats probably the same in all jobs, just because the number of staff …thats probably the same in all jobs, just because the number of staff arent around the work doesn't decrease, At our place we can buy an extra two weeks holiday sounds great but dont know anyone who has actually taken it up because all that happens is the work waits for you and when you get back you need to do twice as much to get back on track.

Thats the same for me I just need to catch up. But my mate who is a shift worker does annualised hours and it literally means holidays don’t exist as when he takes his holidays he must get the person who coves the next 4 day shift to cover him. So for the 28 days he has off he has to cover a full 28 days extra through out the year for his opposite shift partner.
deeky23 h, 38 m ago

You think? With my rest days and being closed Xmas and Boxing days, I …You think? With my rest days and being closed Xmas and Boxing days, I thought I'd go for it a few weeks back. I'm 44th in line for 27th But as mentioned, this only works for Mon-Friday workers I think.

did it today and it went through
Booked mine months ago as I like most had worked that out already back in jan/feb. Good to highlight to others tho....
I'd rather use 4 days holiday to have 9 days off in August rather than 11 in December when it's dark, cold, miserable, wet and invariably, everyone is skint
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants