Expired

Apply for me own CRB/DSB check?

Found 20th Oct 2014
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I am looking to set up a new Martial Arts club at a school near me and they have asked me for a CRB/DSB certificate. They have advised I should ask my federation for this, I asked the federation head and he said I can apply for it myself online......... I've looked online and am having trouble finding what I need or a site I trust. I did find a site that provides basic checks for £38 but am not 100% sure about them.

Google brings up loads of results and gov.uk doesn't seem to give any straight answers.

Can anyone recommend a site or company to do this for me please?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Go to gov.uk they should have the info your looking for.
First try asking your association or whoever provides your instructors insurance - they may have an approved supplier, or even arrange this for you. If that fails, ask the school if you can get it through them (and pay them to get it for you). If that fails, contact the local council sports development team and ask for advice - they exist to make sure as much sporting activity happens in their area as possible. If that fails google for enhanced DBS check and pick a company then search the company for customer reviews.

good luck!
Banned
individuals are able to make a ‘Subject Access’ request to their local police force under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, which will provide up-to-date details of any criminal records in the UK. Visit met.police.uk/inf…htm for more information.
charitybackroom.org.uk/crb…ed-
As an individual applicant you can only have a Basic check which shows unspent convictions. If you are applying through the club and there is someone else in the club to verify your identity you may be entitled to the Enhanced DBS check. Try justcrb.co.uk I have used them in the past for checks.
Original Poster
TeamBartowski

Go to gov.uk they should have the info your looking for.

Had a look on there thanks but they don't have any real direct information. There was a list of local organisations that could help, emailed one and never got a response back.
Original Poster
pfsword

First try asking your association or whoever provides your instructors … First try asking your association or whoever provides your instructors insurance - they may have an approved supplier, or even arrange this for you. If that fails, ask the school if you can get it through them (and pay them to get it for you). If that fails, contact the local council sports development team and ask for advice - they exist to make sure as much sporting activity happens in their area as possible. If that fails google for enhanced DBS check and pick a company then search the company for customer reviews.good luck!

I have asked the federation head who said I should be able to apply myself, he is not a man to be pressed too much so I will try another route now. Thanks for the info.
Original Poster
clare1987is

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service

Thanks, not sure what I'm looking for on the site but I have emailed them anyway.
Working with children I'm sure that you will need an enhanced check - the basic one wont be accepted by schools.
If you want an answer today give DBS service a ring somebody may answer your email in about 2-3 days if your lucky.

Disclosure helpline
0870 90 90 811
Original Poster
mas99

Working with children I'm sure that you will need an enhanced check - the … Working with children I'm sure that you will need an enhanced check - the basic one wont be accepted by schools.

Does an enhanced one need to be requested by an employer or need a secondary verification?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants