Groups

Applying for a credit card for the first time.. Which one?

I'm a student and looking for a card that gives cashback.. what are my chances of getting one? Which one should i get?

11 Comments

How old are you ?

Don't do it!

they are the playthings of the devil,avoid unless you really really need one

Original Poster

boothy;5685586

they are the playthings of the devil,avoid unless you really really need … they are the playthings of the devil,avoid unless you really really need one

I'm nearlt 21 and just want to use it for emergencies..what should i look out for - APR?

sourcelives;5685599

I'm nearlt 21 and just want to use it for emergencies..what should i look … I'm nearlt 21 and just want to use it for emergencies..what should i look out for - APR?

see if you can get one with interest free on purchases or something like that,dont get too big a credit limit either

wanting one for only emergencies,doesn't tally with your request for one that gives cashback tbh:?

Also apply for one through quidco or similar that give you cashback just for applying

Original Poster

boothy;5685623

see if you can get one with interest free on purchases or something like … see if you can get one with interest free on purchases or something like that,dont get too big a credit limit eitherwanting one for only emergencies,doesn't tally with your request for one that gives cashback tbh:?

I don't know if i'll be able to get a cashback card though due to the fact i have no credit card rating...

You won't be able to get a cashback credit card because you need to earn a certain amount each year e.g. Amex Cashback CC you need to earn over £20k a year.
    I just had a look at the site and they've upped it to £30k :w00t: wtf?? Glad I got mine when I could!

Banned

sourcelives;5685599

I'm nearlt 21 and just want to use it for emergencies..what should i look … I'm nearlt 21 and just want to use it for emergencies..what should i look out for - APR?

why not just open a savings account with a cashpoint card for emergencies and save a little each month?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1217
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876400
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671412
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174

See more discussions