Groups

applying for uni which one should i go to?

hi, guys is that time of the year when i have to apply for uni, i want to business studies had a look on the guardian website shows top ones for business and management similiar enough but i also want to know which has good social life also im in london so dont mind to live out, educational good and social life good aswell. any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

128 Comments

had a mate who went to southampton and there were loads of fit birds there

Banned

oh im applying for uni, and looking to do business aswell! just make sure you have enough ucas points to get into the uni you want to go to.

Original Poster

looooool, what about teaching quality?

Original Poster

yer and what do you think is a good amount of ucas points and how to get them also?

well dot know about that they were student teachers or were they nurses:giggle: :giggle:

anyway they were fit

Banned

have a look at kingston they have lots of business courses to choose from:thumbsup:

Original Poster

i heard dats a really bad uni

Banned

sarbjeet_

i heard dats a really bad uni

which kingston or southampton?

Original Poster

kingston lool

Loughborough FTW.

Banned

sarbjeet_

kingston lool

no dont say that i put two of their courses down on my ucas appliction lol
    280 points, so i have a chance of at least getting in.

sarbjeet_

yer and what do you think is a good amount of ucas points and how to get … yer and what do you think is a good amount of ucas points and how to get them also?

Your thinking of applying for uni but haven't even found out what UCAS points are yet? Might want to think this through again (Sorry couldn't resist).

]http//en…CAS

merlinhelpsstudents.com/stu…asp

Original Poster

i no, our sixthform is really **** in explaining all of this.

dcx_badass

Wait so your applying to Uni and not sure how to get UCAS points. My … Wait so your applying to Uni and not sure how to get UCAS points. My advice? Just give up.

Snap

Banned

sarbjeet_

yer and what do you think is a good amount of ucas points and how to get … yer and what do you think is a good amount of ucas points and how to get them also?

its based on what grades you got for as level and your predicted grades for A level. To find out the requirements look at the unis website, thenthe course you want to do, then click on entry standards:thumbsup:

Original Poster

omg i no u need points but havent really been explianed properly like how to get them and what are a good number of ucas points.

Original Poster

XtremeDJW

Loughborough FTW.

yer thats a very good uni just looked it up in guardian hows social life there.

Banned

sarbjeet_

i no, our sixthform is really **** in explaining all of this.

yeah mine was the same aswell, if i were you i would start your ucas application if you havent already done so. if you get stuck make sure you see careers at your college:)

Original Poster

so how can i find out how many points i have?

Original Poster

ive started already and finished everything except the choices part.thanks

No seriously use the calculator it will show you how many points you have know and you can fiddle around with it to see how many points you might get if you increase your grades, expected grades, etc.
    Im shocked your college didn't go through this with you properly.
    Basically for top unis you'll need 400+, average I think is 300

Banned

sarbjeet_

so how can i find out how many points i have?

]calculator

Banned

does anyone know if unis just look at your ucas points or whether they take into consideration the subjects you take at A level?

Original Poster

and hothothot did u get 280 for just your as grades?

Original Poster

oh how can i forget thanks everyone now i no a lot more den my sixthform told use which was nothing.

Banned

sarbjeet_

and hothothot did u get 280 for just your as grades?

noway lol, i have 280 overall (including my predicted grades at A level) :thinking: I didnt do too well in my as levels, and I am redoing the whole of one year for one of my subjects. just out of interest what subjects are you currently studying?

I second Loughborough.

The social life is awesome.

hothothot

does anyone know if unis just look at your ucas points or whether they … does anyone know if unis just look at your ucas points or whether they take into consideration the subjects you take at A level?

Depending on your course they will want you to take some specific courses, e.g. Medicine > Biology A-Level and any other science @ AA.
    Plus they might want you to have a GCSEs at a certain level also like at least a C in english and maths.

All the info can usually be found in the prospectus/website of the uni.

Original Poster

what happens if you dont have a C for english?

Original Poster

i was just thinking that hothothot, how the hell did you get 280 at AS loooooool.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Then you can't go.

really there that strict.

Banned

MoneySavingG

Depending on your course they will want you to take some specific … Depending on your course they will want you to take some specific courses, e.g. Medicine > Biology A-Level and any other science @ AA. Plus they might want you to have a GCSEs at a certain level also like at least a C in english and maths.All the info can usually be found in the prospectus/website of the uni.

Cheers :thumbsup: i checked the uni site and it only requires maths and english above c at GCSE.

Original Poster

so do you add the as and a level points?

Banned

sarbjeet_

what happens if you dont have a C for english?

C for English GCSE or A level?

Banned

sarbjeet_

so do you add the as and a level points?

dont add any as levels you carried onto a level :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Gcse.

Original Poster

thanks to everyone for your help rep left.

Original Poster

ohh i see, so suppose i got an a at as and b for a level that would be 280 or is that wrong?

Banned

sarbjeet_

thanks to everyone for your help rep left.

cheers:thumbsup: what subjects are you taking out of interest?

Original Poster

Applied ICT, Applied Business and Photography and also applied is 2 awards so does that mean i get more points or the same?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1112
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!22
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription68
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming35

See more discussions