Applying Sealant to Windows Frame From Inside ?

Found 18th Mar 2015
Hi, Can anyone recommended any decent sealants that can be applied to Windows Frame from the inside ?

I am looking for white sealants but they should be mould resistant as well.

Can the I use the following (Any One) ?

Please see links below.

Thank You.
Community Updates
AskWindows
12 Comments
I would use a sanitary sealant Dow Corning 785 unless a window fitter knows better. Don't bother paying for expensive tubes with 10 year guarantees etc. Should cost about £4.

Best way to remove excess silicone is using a fugi tool or similar, along with baby wipe.

Or the 796 just posted!
Edited by: "themorgatron" 18th Mar 2015
Do you have a local upvc stockist/suppliers close by just nip in and get some low modulus silicone sealant what they give you will probably be what they supply to window fitters
Original Poster
themorgatron

I would use a sanitary sealant Dow Corning 785 unless a window fitter … I would use a sanitary sealant Dow Corning 785 unless a window fitter knows better. Don't bother paying for expensive tubes with 10 year guarantees etc. Should cost about £4.Best way to remove excess silicone is using a fugi tool or similar, along with baby wipe.Or the 796 just posted!

Thank You.
Original Poster
ding

Do you have a local upvc stockist/suppliers close by just nip in and get … Do you have a local upvc stockist/suppliers close by just nip in and get some low modulus silicone sealant what they give you will probably be what they supply to window fitters

Will Dow Corning 796 uPVC Silicone Sealant Brilliant White 310ml be okay ?
jamilayz

Will Dow Corning 796 uPVC Silicone Sealant Brilliant White 310ml be okay ?

That one ^^^ is on Ebay for a fiver delivered on item number 150442923772
Are you sealing fromupvc frame to wall/plaster or plastic trim to trim.
If former a good quality flexable decorator's chaulk may suit, if you want to paint; if latter then Stelmax, which sets had like plastic, doesn't peal when cleaned and rarely goes mouldy.
However, Stelmax requires a little bit of "skill"/ practice to apply. Small nozle, as you don't need much, it dribbles after guns shut off, skins very quickly.
Or good low mod silicone from local window/plastic supplier
deb8z

That one ^^^ is on Ebay for a fiver delivered on item number 150442923772

It was on clearance at Wickes for 2.39 but oos online,maybe try instore.
Original Poster
Flynn Jack

Are you sealing fromupvc frame to wall/plaster or plastic trim to trim. … Are you sealing fromupvc frame to wall/plaster or plastic trim to trim. If former a good quality flexable decorator's chaulk may suit, if you want to paint; if latter then Stelmax, which sets had like plastic, doesn't peal when cleaned and rarely goes mouldy.However, Stelmax requires a little bit of "skill"/ practice to apply. Small nozle, as you don't need much, it dribbles after guns shut off, skins very quickly.Or good low mod silicone from local window/plastic supplier

I am trying to seal the window frame plastic to plastic trim.

jamilayz

I am trying to seal the window frame plastic to plastic trim.

Stelmax is best plastic to plastic,assuming small gap, but it is not as forgiving as mastic. Clean all traces of old sealant.
Is the old sealant mouldy, feathered, what??
Original Poster
Flynn Jack

Stelmax is best plastic to plastic,assuming small gap, but it is not as … Stelmax is best plastic to plastic,assuming small gap, but it is not as forgiving as mastic. Clean all traces of old sealant.Is the old sealant mouldy, feathered, what??

Thanks, it's all been sorted now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions