Approx 274,000 liquid-filled iPhone covers with harmful chemicals are recalled from stores including Victoria's Secret and Amazon

SuperEd 7
Found 2nd Aug 2017
Well worth checking if you have these and where they were purchased from, a girl from the UK has already suffered burns - if unsure contact the retailer you purchased from.

2755701.jpg
'One consumer reported permanent scarring from a chemical burn and another consumer reported chemical burns and swelling to her leg, face, neck, chest, upper body and hands,' the company said in a statement.

Some 275,000 mobile phone cases sold by several popular fashion brands, including Victoria's Secret, Nordstrom and Henri Bendel, are being recalled after causing chemical burns.

The iPhone cases all contain glitter floating in liquid on the back of the plastic case, with several different designs sold by the fashion houses.

Dozens of users have suffered blisters and burns on their face and body when the liquid leaked out of the case while they used their phones - the issue is caused by a manufacturing error.

Example of some of the cases

2755701.jpg
You can find the full list here CLICK ME - Again if unsure, please contact the retailer you purchased from

They were sold online and in stores nationwide at amazon, Henri Bendel, MixBin, Nordstrom Rack, Tory Burch and Victoria’s Secret from October 2015 through June 2017, costing between $15 and $65

Source
Community Updates
MisciPhone
7 Comments
Daily Mail (and other press) reported a similar incident in Jan 2016, I would have thought that their journalists had a year and a half to report on any new findings on what is this liquid (at least one time)? Surely it is easy for Daily Mail to do a litmus paper test for acidity?!
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3395413/Schoolgirl-nine-left-iPhone-shaped-scar-leg-toxic-glitter-leaked-New-Look-phone-case-leg-gave-chemical-burn.html

The product recall seems to be for USA customer use only, there is this notice on their web site (Mixbin) "By providing the information in this form and selecting next I acknowledge and agree that my information is stored, processed and accessed in the United States and subject to the laws of that country."
Edited by: "splender" 2nd Aug 2017
Banned
Who would have thought those Chinese children in the government run sweatshops would be so careless. Little Ting Po needs that bayonet blade a bit deeper between the shoulder blades if this is the best he can produce.
cheap plastic sold for ridiclous prices lol
Graham19793 h, 26 m ago

Who would have thought those Chinese children in the government run …Who would have thought those Chinese children in the government run sweatshops would be so careless. Little Ting Po needs that bayonet blade a bit deeper between the shoulder blades if this is the best he can produce.

should be careful might upset someone with your honesty
whelan18917 m ago

cheap plastic sold for ridiclous prices lol

More toxic trivia for landfill and our oceans before seeping into the food chain to nourish future generations. Imagine the state of the human race if we survive to the next millennium.
Banned
whelan18917 m ago

should be careful might upset someone with your honesty

Well I'm sure Ting Po is no longer making phone cases after this. He's been promoted since he turned 6 and a half to factory manager.
Do you know the best material to protect your £700 phone?

Liquid filled plastic.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants