Aptamil 1 Baby Formula

Found 14th Mar
I’m on mission impossible as I know that baby Formula is always exempt from any vouchers, deals etc.

But I have been buying it from Aldi for £10.85, it’s £11 everywhere else.

My work has an account with a cash and carry and they sell a case of 6 for £61.86 (around that). Works out around £10.30.

Has anyone ever found it any cheaper?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments
Supermod
If you've got a an NUS card you can get it for £9.90 each at Co-Op.

Their literature states you cannot use NUS discount on baby formula but it does go through the till at £9.90 each. Obvious there is an initial outlay for the card but you'll save £13 in no time if you buy other things from Co-Op or use other NUS discounts.
Supermod
Plus get a Co-Op card...I get so many 50p off £4/£1 off £8 vouchers you can also use
magicjay198614 m ago

Plus get a Co-Op card...I get so many 50p off £4/£1 off £8 vouchers you ca …Plus get a Co-Op card...I get so many 50p off £4/£1 off £8 vouchers you can also use

You really shouldn't be able to use any vouchers at all on first baby milk, so that's strange.
Supermod
MIDURIX4 m ago

You really shouldn't be able to use any vouchers at all on first baby …You really shouldn't be able to use any vouchers at all on first baby milk, so that's strange.

Yep. The vouchers do not specifically exclude baby food/formula though.
It really annoys me this whole no discounts on first stage baby milk. The only people it doesn’t benefit are the new parents who need it most, in order to push an agenda.

Parent of twins so I know how you feel it’s so bloody expensive. Aldi is where I go for ours now, tbh you can also make the switch to cow and gate as its the same stuff looking at the nutritional info
Have you tried switching to the mamia milk? Supposed to be the same according to the ingredients.
Dannyrobbo12 m ago

It really annoys me this whole no discounts on first stage baby milk. The …It really annoys me this whole no discounts on first stage baby milk. The only people it doesn’t benefit are the new parents who need it most, in order to push an agenda. Parent of twins so I know how you feel it’s so bloody expensive. Aldi is where I go for ours now, tbh you can also make the switch to cow and gate as its the same stuff looking at the nutritional info

It's because formula is the baby equivalent of fast food. Without you absolutely can't help it it shouldn't be given to babies especially at first stage.

Iirc there have been more then a few baby formula scandals where it's been filled with dangerous ingredients.
Original Poster
Thanks everybody, we’ve seen the mamia milk when in Aldi and there’s no bad reviews for it.

But my partner isn’t for changing.

I’m usually quite good at finding the best price for this stuff, but I can’t believe the price it costs for it, and it’s increase in the last few years.

I will have a look into the co-op student discount though.
Asda often do the follow on milk at 2 for £18 but unfortunately stage 1 is not included. Is there long until baby is 6 months old?
joedastudd1 h, 10 m ago

It's because formula is the baby equivalent of fast food. Without you …It's because formula is the baby equivalent of fast food. Without you absolutely can't help it it shouldn't be given to babies especially at first stage.Iirc there have been more then a few baby formula scandals where it's been filled with dangerous ingredients.

What are these dangerous ingredients? Some mums choose not to breastfeed or some women can’t. Millions of babies have survived on this milk at the “first stage”
Original Poster
nraja1 h, 12 m ago

What are these dangerous ingredients? Some mums choose not to breastfeed …What are these dangerous ingredients? Some mums choose not to breastfeed or some women can’t. Millions of babies have survived on this milk at the “first stage”

Are then these babies go on to eat the same trash everyone eats, processed foods etc.
Original Poster
nraja1 h, 16 m ago

Asda often do the follow on milk at 2 for £18 but unfortunately stage 1 is …Asda often do the follow on milk at 2 for £18 but unfortunately stage 1 is not included. Is there long until baby is 6 months old?

He’s 5 weeks old. The cash and carry will be my go to from now on.
Original Poster
joedastudd2 h, 26 m ago

It's because formula is the baby equivalent of fast food. Without you …It's because formula is the baby equivalent of fast food. Without you absolutely can't help it it shouldn't be given to babies especially at first stage.Iirc there have been more then a few baby formula scandals where it's been filled with dangerous ingredients.

Let’s be honest, everything we eat is fast food, no food is truly organic, unless you grow it in your back garden with no pesticides etc.
Its been a good few years since my kids were at the baby milk stage but back then we used to get ours from the local GP surgery discounted? maybe that was just a local thing to us or it just no longer happens ?
kaney19671 h, 16 m ago

Are then these babies go on to eat the same trash everyone eats, processed …Are then these babies go on to eat the same trash everyone eats, processed foods etc.

Good point! Tried to give my eldest good food and no chocolates etc but when the 2nd one came along it was anything that was quick to make and would fill them up. My eldest is such a fussy eater now as I controlled what she was allowed to eat a bit too much!
joedastudd9 h, 0 m ago

My Mrs had twins and physically could not make enough to sustain both of them and it hasn’t done them any harm growing up so far. There have been enough studies that state it makes effectively no difference long term. The benifirs are way overstated

i trust that anything coming from the UK will be sufficiently tested. We don’t live in China mate.
nraja11 h, 29 m ago

What are these dangerous ingredients? Some mums choose not to breastfeed …What are these dangerous ingredients? Some mums choose not to breastfeed or some women can’t. Millions of babies have survived on this milk at the “first stage”

Dannyrobbo3 h, 38 m ago

My Mrs had twins and physically could not make enough to sustain both of …My Mrs had twins and physically could not make enough to sustain both of them and it hasn’t done them any harm growing up so far. There have been enough studies that state it makes effectively no difference long term. The benifirs are way overstatedi trust that anything coming from the UK will be sufficiently tested. We don’t live in China mate.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ula
It's not just China or Africa which gets the bad batches.
It takes years for the effects to be come apparent and all as it take is one bad batch your child is in critical condition or worse.
Product recalls on baby formula are pretty common.

Like I said if you have no other choice then fair enough, but it shouldn't be the first choice.
joedastudd1 h, 36 m ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_formula#Health_risksIt's not just …https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_formula#Health_risksIt's not just China or Africa which gets the bad batches.It takes years for the effects to be come apparent and all as it take is one bad batch your child is in critical condition or worse.Product recalls on baby formula are pretty common.Like I said if you have no other choice then fair enough, but it shouldn't be the first choice.

Well I have been buying the aptamil for a while now and haven’t had a single recall notice in store. You don’t know what you are talking about and you are quoting google. China have a big problem with their industry but it is in no way in a bad state over here, you talk about it like a tin is a timebomb.

people make decisions based on their own situation and everybody should respect that, if powder is what somebody decides then it’s not up to you to tell them they shouldn’t go that way.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 34 m ago

Well I have been buying the aptamil for a while now and haven’t had a s …Well I have been buying the aptamil for a while now and haven’t had a single recall notice in store. You don’t know what you are talking about and you are quoting google. China have a big problem with their industry but it is in no way in a bad state over here, you talk about it like a tin is a timebomb.people make decisions based on their own situation and everybody should respect that, if powder is what somebody decides then it’s not up to you to tell them they shouldn’t go that way.

They wanted to know why there wasn't any discounts on baby formula and all the health scares are a big part of the reason why.
None of the companies want to be the cheapest on the market as people associate cheap with poor quality control (linked to the scares). So you don't get the race to the bottom like you do with most products.
They also to take into account payouts and recalls when they happen.

A quick google shows reports that Aptamil pulled products sent to Boots back in 2013 (link).
If you read the article I linked it's not just China. Pretty much every country in the world has been hit my a scare or recall in the last 10 years. At the start of the year Lactalis had massive issues and had did a worldwide product recall.
joedastudd32 m ago

They wanted to know why there wasn't any discounts on baby formula and all …They wanted to know why there wasn't any discounts on baby formula and all the health scares are a big part of the reason why.None of the companies want to be the cheapest on the market as people associate cheap with poor quality control (linked to the scares). So you don't get the race to the bottom like you do with most products.They also to take into account payouts and recalls when they happen.A quick google shows reports that Aptamil pulled products sent to Boots back in 2013 (link).If you read the article I linked it's not just China. Pretty much every country in the world has been hit my a scare or recall in the last 10 years. At the start of the year Lactalis had massive issues and had did a worldwide product recall.

Yes back to google you go, read it further instead of link grabbing, recalled because it wasn’t it’s usual consistency.

what you are saying is simply not true, second stage formula can be discounted and advertised and it’s pretty much the same product.

I just dont understand this big big stigma around formula like it’s the worst thing to give a child. You can Breast feed, then get your child weighed and they’ve fallen off the weight scale. What do you think the health visitor says? They tell you to formula feed. You can’t even find much information about formulas because of advertising laws.

its daft you don’t even get boots or club card points for baby milk, is that due to safety too? they also can’t advertise first stage baby formula, this is pretty much the reason there are no discounts.

The reasons are completely not safety related it’s around the advertisement of Breast milk substitute.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants