Architect, what to look for and ask?

Posted 30th Jun
I am currently looking for an architect in the Manchester area for a possible extension.

We would also like some ideas on how we are looking to change the layout of our home with the addition of an extension or something similar to an orangery.

Is there any tips/hints are should be asking or whilst sourcing an architect

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Just model it in Lego
What I've found with architects\builders is they vary massively in terms of their vision. Some want you to tell them exactly what they want and then just draw it whereas others will add a creative flair and take your requirements and then 'design' rather than just 'draw'.

Get some recommendations, picture of previous works or somewhere you can do a drive-by.
Edited by: "darlodge" 30th Jun
darlodge30/06/2020 14:12

Get some recommendations, picture of previous works or somewhere you can …Get some recommendations, picture of previous works or somewhere you can do a drive-by.

Dodgy choice of words lol
fearona30/06/2020 14:18

Dodgy choice of words lol

I always do drive-bys when buying\selling houses as a kid my dad used to take us on a magical mystery tour and it just resulted in looking out the window at houses, cars, people
The tech savvy can have a go with Sweet Home 3D on a PC. sweethome3d.com/ it's free and has a great forum.
I used it to model a loft extension and was able to get a really good idea how it would look in advance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants