Groups

Are 02 Contract Phones Unlocked

Hello,

Been sent a Sony Ericsson w760 phone as an upgrade from 02 and it's not wanted... Was going to sell on Ebay and get some cash for it, but does anyone know if their contract phones are sim locked or not?

I seem to remeber i used an Orange Sim card with an old O2 phone of mine ages ago and it worked, but don't know if they have now started to lock them.

Cheers

T

8 Comments

Any phone i have had from O2 has been able to accept any other sim card! I am waiting for my upgrade too... i hope you got a good deal!

Original Poster

Well i got an ok deal....

They gave me that phone and contract is £15 a month, 400 xnet mins, free o2-o2 calls, 1000 txts.

Cut my monthly bill by £10 a month so i'm happy... and i can sell the upgrade phone as well..... if it's unlocked it will probably go for a bit more too.... will have to check and see how much a brand new w760 goes for.

Cheers

I am waiting in today in the hope that my phone comes too! i got the c902 free and 15 quid knocked off my bill which makes it 20 quid a month, and with free internet access.... i couldnt get the phone i wanted with the 8mp camera.... never mind i struck up a deal with my OH!
    there is one that has sold for £908... good luck!! that would well be a bonus if you got that!!
    http://*********.co.uk/Son…nes?hash=item300278953020&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

Banned

tovi;3808495

I am waiting in today in the hope that my phone comes too! i got the c902 … I am waiting in today in the hope that my phone comes too! i got the c902 free and 15 quid knocked off my bill which makes it 20 quid a month, and with free internet access.... i couldnt get the phone i wanted with the 8mp camera.... never mind i struck up a deal with my OH!there is one that has sold for £908... good luck!! that would well be a bonus if you got that!!http://*********.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-W760i-Mobile-Phone_W0QQitemZ300278953020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item300278953020&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

look a little closer and you will see that its a scammer both selling and buying

Original Poster

I was going to say that....

It seems mobile phones tend to attract scammers....

O2 contrcat phones tend to be unlocked, payg tend to be locked.
    If you buy from carphone wharehouse or p4u they're unlocked as they buy unlocked handsets and stick in which ever network sim you take a contract out on...

Original Poster

Brilliant.... thought so...

Like i say... now all i have to work out is how much a second hand w760 will flog for...

bout £100 probably.

Indeed they accept the Apple iPhone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Slow Cooker with Kikkoman77
      2. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
      3. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
      4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77

See more discussions