Groups

are 12v ride on any good? Recc/ advice please!

Thanks

10 Comments

I got one for my son last Xmas. I've only charged it twice since.

Banned

No, they're terrible. Only good around the house really, as they struggle over anything other than carpet or laminate.

WonkyDoctor

No, they're terrible. Only good around the house really, as they struggle … No, they're terrible. Only good around the house really, as they struggle over anything other than carpet or laminate.

​My 3 year old has a 12v Audi TT and it will drive on anything!

We have a 12v John Deere tractor & it goes fine on grass including up an incline. It does depend on the weight of the child I would say but my son was still using it in the summer & he's 8.

Not sure if they are any good or not, but Ann Summers has 20% off everything at the moment.

getmeone

Not sure if they are any good or not, but Ann Summers has 20% off … Not sure if they are any good or not, but Ann Summers has 20% off everything at the moment.

What's that got to do with this. if child weighs over about 4 stones they don't seem to work. very well

we don't own one but saw someone in the park who had modified a 12v to take 2 batteries and this ran pretty well over the grass and bumps. the owner did say the 12v wasn't powerful enough on its own.

muddassarsardar

What's that got to do with this. if child weighs over about 4 stones they … What's that got to do with this. if child weighs over about 4 stones they don't seem to work. very well

Quite possibly the best post and response i have ever seen on here.

Josh Rogan

Quite possibly the best post and response i have ever seen on here.

Thank you.

muddassarsardar

What's that got to do with this. if child weighs over about 4 stones they … What's that got to do with this. if child weighs over about 4 stones they don't seem to work. very well

No they don't. The max age on these is around 8. The average healthy weight for an 8 year old is 56 pounds or 4 stone. If you have a larger kid it wont last as long or be as powerful (power/weight) as for a 3 stone child. The manufacturers really should publish a weight range these days rather than age as there are so many obese kids waddling around.
    Edited by: "getmeone" 13th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
      2. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
      3. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag99

See more discussions