Are all polo shirts like ralph lauren, abercrombie etc fakes on ebay?

Found 1st Jul 2011
I'm wanting to buy this abercrombie and fitch polo ;

ebay.co.uk/itm…04f

Despite it saying its authentic, is it likely to be fake? I bought a ralph lauren one years back and it looked the real deal when i got it however the cotton started to bobble after a couple of washes and it just looked crap! Anyone with experience care to comment? Cheers.

23 Comments

Banned

a high probability, 90+ %

I was going to say that the seller isn't a top rated seller or anything like that and isn't a regular seller,so the stuff is probably dodgy,thing is most people probably won't know they are fake.

Then i saw this old negative feedback,so defo avoid.

Jeans were fake and not proper size

I always wonder where the are getting them from if they (like this seller) have a few. I also think that a lot of these type of sales are seconds that they are buying up from somewhere. Why else would a none business have a batch of these shirts.

Little hidden Gem in Gretna Green, I was gonna sell Ralph Lauren on ebay but couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
gretnagateway.com/the…spx

Fake and more fakes also rl outlet shops are everywhere.
Edited by: "waterloo" 1st Jul 2011

sew ur own.....i know a nice little indian boy

waterloo

Fake and more fakes also rl outlet shops are everywhere.

Never seen one other than at Gretna, some cracking deals up there last time I went. But I personally wouldn't buy any designer stuff from ebay.

Banned

lot of people bringing em back from asia....can hardly tell from real thing with decent ones.

why bother with real thing?

I was looking to get my son his first electric guitar. was looking for an Epiphone on fleabay. Was talking to a man who i knew who owns a guitar shop, he told me he see's hundreds of guitars every month bought on ebay and 9 out of 10 are fakes and people paying £250 for a guitar that retails at £600. Doesn't happen.

Only thing i buy off fleabay is blu-rays and games.

Best place I found for Ralph Lauren polo's was Sports Direct (although one of our local ones is their outlet arm where all the warehousing is based (they have well over 30 lorry bays there! I think last time we was up there it was like 47), they was selling loads off for a fiver.

If anyone is near Shirebrook its well worth a visit, 18 speed full size mountain bikes going for £30 because of something like a small scratch, looks like all full size ones when seconds go down to £30 though nevermind what fault as some as things like wheel/s missing or no pedals but plenty wortjh the £30 too.

Lots of bargains for ebayers too as I bought someRL jeans that was too long for £3 and couldnt be bothered to get took up went for £25 on the bay.

There are loads of fake clothing being sold in wholesale "shops" in Manc.

RL at Sports Direct,is that akin to the RL stuff at TheHut X)

gmdlogan

I was looking to get my son his first electric guitar. was looking for an … I was looking to get my son his first electric guitar. was looking for an Epiphone on fleabay. Was talking to a man who i knew who owns a guitar shop, he told me he see's hundreds of guitars every month bought on ebay and 9 out of 10 are fakes and people paying £250 for a guitar that retails at £600. Doesn't happen. Only thing i buy off fleabay is blu-rays and games.

I like my cheap chinese gadgets, got a T-class amp for about a tenner or so and turnedit into a nice powered amp and speaker set for in the garden with my phone.

deb8z

RL at Sports Direct,is that akin to the RL stuff at TheHut X)

No its legit, just last seasons old stock, they also get chainstores discontinued stock such as esigners at Debenhams £110 Jeff Banks jacket cost me £3, again I think its only the outlet that has them.

Loads of Lonsdale/Slazenger/Dunlop etc too as they are owned by SD

I never knew Sportsdirect had an outlet,learn something new every day.

deb8z

I never knew Sportsdirect had an outlet,learn something new every day.

They have an outlet store in Springfields Outlet, exact same prices as a normal store !

Loads of fakes on eBay, not just clothing. I bought a pair of pioneer headphones for a knocked down price, too good to be true basically. I got them checked at a pioneer dealer and they confirmed they were fakes. Received refund from seller and told to dispose of them, was almost tempted to buy some other fake stuff to teach them a all lesson for trying to con people.
Edited by: "callum84" 1st Jul 2011

Original Poster

Have to say im still tempted if the quality is there lol

buying that sort of stuff of ebay is asking for trouble.

I think the most stupidest seller of fakes ive came across is one who was selling "authentic tiffany jewellery" cept they didn't realise when you looked on their feedback you could see they bought them for a few quid from china.

stay clear

Avoid eBay mate they'll be fakes, even if they say 100% authentic, its all bull**ks - if you really want a fake or comparison, just go to your local market and see if they have that one for sale lol then you'll know for sure!

Not all of them are fake but there are definitely some shady sellers. The best way to see if the polo shirts are real or not is to check out the sellers' feedback. Lots of negative feedback will suggest they might be selling fake polos.

Banned

david25

Not all of them are fake but there are definitely some shady sellers. The … Not all of them are fake but there are definitely some shady sellers. The best way to see if the polo shirts are real or not is to check out the sellers' feedback. Lots of negative feedback will suggest they might be selling fake polos.

Get outta here fake polo shirt seller.
Even the guys selling fakes can get good feedback.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions