Groups
    EXPIRED

Are American Express credit cards 'Delta'?

Sorry, not a request for a deal, more a request for help and wasn't sure where to post it.

I have an American Express card and was wondering when shopping online and you have to choose a type of card if it's 'Delta'. Kinda the same as maestro being a switch card...took me months to find that out, but want to know if American Express cards are Delta.

Thank you.

5 Comments

no they are american express. If it's not listed, it won't work

AMEX are not that well accepted outside of the US

delta is a visa debit

Original Poster

Thanks...although that is sooo annoying. Hardly anywhere online seems to take it then, what's the point in having a card you can't use! Silly silly virgin credit card!

hdixon85

Thanks...although that is sooo annoying. Hardly anywhere online seems to … Thanks...although that is sooo annoying. Hardly anywhere online seems to take it then, what's the point in having a card you can't use! Silly silly virgin credit card!

its prob cos the charges are so high to accept amex more than mastercard and visa, most big retailers will only except it instore, some small shops not at all

Original Poster

I only got the card as I take quite a lot of Virgin Atlantic flights and if you spend £7,000 in a year you get a free upgrade and flying miles...at this rate I won't be able to spend anywhere near that.
    Oh well, still can get 10% off at virgin megastores I guess...though wish it was a visa or mastercard.
    Thanks for your help - suppose it's back to my trusty maestro card for online shopping.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423014437
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1433
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710945
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047069

See more discussions