Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Are any Samsung phones dual sim as standard?

Posted 12th Oct
I am after a dual-sim Samsung phone on a contract but am just wondering if any of them are dual-sim as standard?

I rang up one provider (MetroFone) who said they are not. However he said no UK phone is dual-sim as standard and consequently got annoyed when I pointed out brands such as OnePlus. Also my friend got an S10 Plus directly through EE and it came as a dual-sim.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Not sure about in the UK but yes when buying in Asia they rare
Are I mean
I'm looking to get a new contract phone.

I want something which is dual sim and AOD.

I do like the volume slider on my OP 5t.
I had an S8+ which was dual sim. I now have an S10 which is dual sim and my daughter has an A70 which is dual sim. So I would say that it's quite a common feature on their phones.
What's the point of dual SIM? How do they operate? How does the phone know which one to use when making calls, data etc..?
Why do people get them?
5hooey12/10/2019 13:05

I'm looking to get a new contract phone.I want something which is dual sim …I'm looking to get a new contract phone.I want something which is dual sim and AOD.I do like the volume slider on my OP 5t.

CPW lists its pay-monthly Samdung S10 and Samdung S10+ models as dual sim nano on the PM spex page. CPW handsets are natively unlocked. Both those Samdung models support AOD.
carphonewarehouse.com/sam…tml
carphonewarehouse.com/sam…tml
TurboDonkey12/10/2019 13:15

What's the point of dual SIM? How do they operate? How does the phone know …What's the point of dual SIM? How do they operate? How does the phone know which one to use when making calls, data etc..?Why do people get them?

Dual SIM is very useful. I have my primary SIM with my main number (using EE coverage) and my secondary SIM which I use for the cheapest data coverage and a second, burner number of sorts which runs on Vodafone network. If one network has a blind spot with no coverage, it is very likely that the other one has some coverage for me, so this means I will rarely ever be without service.

What's the point of dual SIM? How do they operate? How does the phone know …What's the point of dual SIM? How do they operate? How does the phone know which one to use when making calls, data etc..?Why do people get them?

Various reasons.
one phone for business and personal use.
my kids have dual sim with a payg sim for calls/texts and a prepaid data sim for data.
When travelling it can be handy to have a local sim so you have a local number rather than giving people an international number.

in terms of use you can either turn individual sims on or offor designate which sim to use for outgoing texts/calls/data. incoming both sims will receive calls andtexts (if both active)
Edited by: "mas99" 12th Oct
My S10+ on Vodafone is dual sim. Its either single sim and memory card or dual sim no memory card.

You designate which SIM will do what.
Thanks for the dual SIM info folks. Quite interesting, now I want one!
I went for the s10 plus from sky.
They confirmed it's got a hybrid sim and i can return it if that isn't the case.
Edited by: "5hooey" 12th Oct
Galaxy A10 is dual sim.o2 were selling as like new on payg for £80 but now out of stock for home delivery,might get one in store though.
5hooey12/10/2019 19:01

I went for the s10 plus from sky.They confirmed it's got a hybrid sim and …I went for the s10 plus from sky.They confirmed it's got a hybrid sim and i can return it if that isn't the case.

I find GSM Arena a very useful site for phone info, your S10+ is listed here: gsmarena.com/sam…php

Looks like the hybrid model will be SM-G975DS so make sure that's what you receive from Sky
bobdylan12/10/2019 23:58

I find GSM Arena a very useful site for phone info, your S10+ is listed …I find GSM Arena a very useful site for phone info, your S10+ is listed here: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10+-9535.phpLooks like the hybrid model will be SM-G975DS so make sure that's what you receive from Sky

Thank you, that's a very good point.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants