Are Autoglym products really that good?

Found 24th Jul 2012
Bit pricey compared to other car cleaning products. Are they really better?

Anyone who uses Autoglym and can vouch for them?
Community Updates
MiscAutoglym
14 Comments
Hi
Yes Auto glym is fantastic stuff.
We used to use it on black limo's and its also very easy to wipe off ,even in this heat

Hope this helps
Pop 'autosmart' in to ebay. Autoglym is the commercial version of Autosmart. As for the quality of the products, we have used them for the last 20 odd years in our valeting business, so yes, I would recommend them Having said that, the shampoo and traffic film removers are not the best available (although still very good) but to get a better version, you need to buy it concentrated in 200ltr containers :P
When I used to work for Subaru all the products in the garage were Autoglym. They worked pretty well, but the company probably aims to do contracts with garages I guess.
Autoglym. Pricey. Comedy gold.

But yeah they're good for general use.
I use "ShowRoom Shine" very easy to use and can be used on most surfaces incl Plastic & glass great for removing tar also
Depends what you are using, over the years I have found the best products from them are...

Bumper shine - superb for exterior dark plastics and getting rid of white polish marks.
Glass Polish (blue cream) - much better than spray glass cleaners, no residue whatsoever.
Super Resin Polish - This is a good polish for hand application, gets the surface nice.
HD Wax - This is lovely wax, very easy to apply and remove.
Vinyl & Rubber Care - This is pretty much the best for cleaning the plastics, not greasy at all.

The fake chamois is good, and the red AG microfibres are also among the best available.

For shampoo have a look at cleanyourcar.co.uk - Megs do a wash and wax which is pretty good stuff.
I have been using Autoglym since I got my first car 30 years ago. (Hillman Avenger 1300 Super)

Nothing better IMO
SouthParkFan

I have been using Autoglym since I got my first car 30 years ago. … I have been using Autoglym since I got my first car 30 years ago. (Hillman Avenger 1300 Super) :)Nothing better IMO

Plenty better mate, but for value for money you won't go far wrong with autoglym
The hd-wax is very good but i have found bilt hamber hydra wax is the best pound for pound wax on the market, super easy to apply and remove with great beading lasting for 5 months plus
Edited by: "junkenstein73" 24th Jul 2012
Better value for money I meant to say
Thought I would give this a bump.

I bought some of the car shampoo and the HD wax.

Amazing stuff!! Washed the car with it a few weeks ago and its still looking good. The rain beads well and just runs right off the car. Well pleased.
I use autoglym as and when I clean the car.
But I hate doing it.

How can it be made more enjoyable to wash the car? (Other than paying a pole to do it)
Edited by: "doritos" 25th Sep 2012
doritos

I use autoglym as and when I clean the car.But I hate doing it.How can it … I use autoglym as and when I clean the car.But I hate doing it.How can it be made more enjoyable to wash the car? (Other than paying a pole to do it)

I enjoy washing the car. Gives me a break from the mrs and the little one

Plus I love it when the car is looking all sparkly and shiny.
doritos

I use autoglym as and when I clean the car.But I hate doing it.How can it … I use autoglym as and when I clean the car.But I hate doing it.How can it be made more enjoyable to wash the car? (Other than paying a pole to do it)

bottle of fairy tipped on the roof, wait for it to rain.
splatsplatsplat

bottle of fairy tipped on the roof, wait for it to rain.

yeah if you dont mind **** up the paint work (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants